Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always done the 3,000 mile interval. I am finally thinking about changing it up a bit. I will Use a non-synthetic oil, or maybe a synthetic blend, with average driving. Average being a 15 mile one way commute, and around town driving otherwise. Getting close to the 3,000 mile mark so i need to decide soon.

How many of you would be comfortable with a 5,000 mile interval.

TIA

·
Registered
235 Posts
If you follow the maint. minder, oil changes can get stretched out to 7-8k miles, which is too far apart for my liking. I did my first change at 4k and have been doing them every 5k since then. I use dino oil, with synthetic, I might be more inclined to listen to the minder.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I've used nothing but synthetic on my last 2 vehicles and now the E. I usually do it somwhere between 4500-5000... if you do it sooner your'e not really getting your $$ worth out of paying the extra for the synthetic. Even when I change it at that interval the oil still looks pretty clean-I'm sure I could stretch it ou longer but I just choose not to.

·
Registered
348 Posts
You better stick to 3K interval! Otherwise you will not be able to sleep at night.
I do 5k intervals and sleep just fine! ;-) Now those that go over that, I wouldn't sleep well doing that.

Heard Valvoline synthethic is better than Mobil 1 or Castrol synthetic. I am thinking about switching on my next oil purchase.

·
Registered
348 Posts

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts