Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - it's been a while since I've posted here, but I thought I'd pose this question. I've got an 06 EXP w/ 4wd. It's got about 53k miles on it and went off warranty about a year ago.

I noticed in my garage a couple days ago a small fresh black stain under the rear of my E. Immediately it looked like motor oil, which confused me. I looked under the car and about a foot back from the bumper, there appeared to be some sort of cap (about the size of a radiator cap) that had the same oil residue around it. The only thing that I can think of would be that it would be some sort of oil for the rear differential, but it doesn't seem to line up with the axle. To be honest, I haven't noticed any more drops since that day, so I'm even a bit more confused. I checked in the manual and didn't find anything for back there, but then again, I may have missed it.

Does anyone know what this is?

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
The only thing I can think is the rear diff seal or if you have anything in the spare tire holder and have something stored in there there is a plug in the bottom for drainage. If its on the side it could be a rear shock that is leaking. Look st the top of it.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I got nothing:?. What color is it and what does it smell like?

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
You SAY " it doesn't seem to line up with the axle " So is it to one side?

If so what side is it on?

More to the front? more to the Rear ?

Help us out here.

Dom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts