Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of days ago, I went to my local Honda store to get a oil filter for the E. Lo and behold, Honda's done it again! They have quit manufacturing the larger 80 mm oil filters and now only make the small 65 mm variety - ARGGGHHH! If you're like me and want to use the old big filters you might want to snatch them up en masse while they're still possibly out there.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I just bought 20 of the larger filters and wrench from Hondaaccessories.com (advertizer on the home page). They were [email protected] I think, what is the honda dealer nailing you for the smaller ones?

What is the difference between the large and small version? I figure I have 5 years worth with 20 filters (using mobil 1 0-20w synthetic oil).

·
Registered
25 Posts
I dont know the exact difference other than the E and most other new Hondas come now with the smaller filter. The techs in our store hate the new filters, but not because of a compromise in quality or anything like that, only because they all have the filter wrenches that fit the old larger style.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.