Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just got in a shipment of the A01 filters (May 6th 2009). It is a very limited supply and I put up a special link to get them at:
http://www.HandA-Accessories.com/eoc.html
When they are gone I will delete them from that page so if you don't see them there please don't order filters from the regular page if you have to have A01's as you would likely get A02s shipped at that point.

-Trevor

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Awesome, I just got 6. I just used my last one too. Thanks Trevor!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Awesome, I just got 6. I just used my last one too. Thanks Trevor!
I - hear-ya-man.:lol:
I just ordered (42 more) mine.
I'm happy I waited this long for some more A01 fliters.
Problem - is I might not have my E anymore (run in the ground by then)?:-(

·
Registered
394 Posts
Cool I'm in, I could use another fourty or so.
I use them on all my service - Acura + Honda.:lol:
I change mine every 500 miles or so.
Helps, keep the engine clean all the time.
P.S. - Just ordered Eighty more of them.:lol:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hey Trevor, I see that you ONLY have the A01's is this going to be the norm? I also see that the honda logo isent printed on the top of the filter. Are these new A01's that are being produced?? I also see that on your oil filter wrench it no longer says that it fits the A02? Does it fit it or no? Also a third question, I got some A02's that went on great and seem to work great but on the base plate of all of them there is some crusty brown stuff in the edges of the plate. Is this glue? Is this normal?? Thanks.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have no idea what Honda will ship us next. We did buy about 5,000 of the 15400-PLM-A01's when we were able to get them though.

I'm sure these are new A01's as Honda has been selling and reordering them from their supplier for years now and we got these from Honda just recently.

There are a lot of rumors about the A01 being discontinued but it never has been, they would just ship us the A02 filters when we placed an order.

I tracked the stocking levels of their filters for awhile a couple years ago and they went through hundreds of thousands of both part numbers. As far back as I remember Honda has had multiple suppliers for their oil filters and had 2 main suppliers that they would get them from at the same time. They simply send the dealers whatever one they feel like when the order is received.

Since the A02 filters were the most common ones for us to receive I actually preferred to have only them so we could tell people which part number they were going to get. Rather than having a grab bag of different part numbers on each order. Since we were able to get a month or so supply of the A01s this time it was worth changing over.

That was just a typo on the wrench.

The stuff on the bottom of the filter is normal, all of those that I've seen had that.

Genuine Factory Honda Element Accessories

1 - 18 of 18 Posts