Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my valve adjustment done. I noticed there was some oil on the back passenger side of the engine. I took it back, they looked, and said my oil pressure switch is leaking. I watched, no oil is coming from it. No lights are on, no issues.
My question is, should I change out the switch anyway, or is it possible some oil leaked out the back of the valve cover gasket when they were changing it?
Should I ignore, or change the switch?
I bought a new one yesterday, took off the boot, the old one looks fine. I don't see any new drips. I tried to change it out myself, but the socket attachment they gave me at o'Reilly didn't fit, so I just reattached the old one for today.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello, did you ever figure out where the leak was coming from? I just had a valve adjustment done and there is oil leaking in the same exact place you mentioned on yours.

·
Registered
2007 Element EX AWD AT (two!)
171 Posts
Clean the back of the engine as best you can, then check it for new leaks after driving it some. It is easy to have some oil run off the back of the head with the valve cover off. Check for evidence that they put some Hondabond where the chain cover meets the head before they installed the valve cover. You might also check that the cover nuts are torqued correctly.

Edit: Oops, just noticed the original post is 9 months old.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts