Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings all! I am a new E owner, she has 61 xxx km and is developing an oil leak from the gasket between the upper and lower engine block , about an inch above the oil pan. Has anyone else seen this? I imagine this is a warranty issue. As soon as I have a chance, she will go to the dealer. She is awesome aside from this small hiccup. Coming from VWs, I am no stranger to oil leaks, but I thought a Honda was how to avoid them!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I am having the same problem with my 2005. Started at 62,000 miles. Dealer two dealers swear oil leaks are NOT covered by my Honda Certified Warranty or my Honda Care Warranty - which I think is B.S.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, guys! I will go see them ASAP as my starter is also weak, but at -22, that can happen. She's oly pulling 60-65 amps from the wee battery, so its labouring a bit to turn over, even in warm temperatures. I doubt the warranty covers that either. Its just over the 30 days from the Nissan dealer where I purchased it and beyond the 1700km they give by law anyway. I'll try to be sweet...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it took a while, but finally got it checked out. The tech said it was only rundown from the oil change since it was not done by a Honda dealer. They clean up the excess with brake cleaner, as we all do. He also said that slow cranking was "normal" on the 2.4, more so in the E, but they all do it. At the very least, the issues were noted in the history.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts