Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 06 element started sputtering when I push down on the accelerator and the check engine light came on. So I took it to the mechanic and it was reading an oil pressure code. My mechanic changed out the sensor in the V-tec and cleaned the screen. Long story short he has changed out two sensors cleaned filters changed the oil and it is still sputtering and lunging when you step on the accelerator and pulling low oil pressure code ( its not a fuel issue). Anyone had similar issues and if so how do you fix it? I'm at my wits end about to take it up to the Honda dealership and spend an arm and a leg:(

·
Registered
15 Posts
My 06 element started sputtering when I push down on the accelerator and the check engine light came on. So I took it to the mechanic and it was reading an oil pressure code. My mechanic changed out the sensor in the V-tec and cleaned the screen. Long story short he has changed out two sensors cleaned filters changed the oil and it is still sputtering and lunging when you step on the accelerator and pulling low oil pressure code ( its not a fuel issue). Anyone had similar issues and if so how do you fix it? I'm at my wits end about to take it up to the Honda dealership and spend an arm and a leg:(
Did the mechanic check the oil pressure, after it thru the low oil pressure code.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts