Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see the E as a utility vehicle, Not a sport utility vehicle because of limited road clearance and power.

I find mine fun to drive, and I love and use all that cargo space.

I bought mine after looking at "cute" utes (CRVs and the like).

I don't call it a SUV, but would like a counter term for it to answer the owners of true off-road vehicles when they poo-poo the E because it just isn't a "macho" SUV.

Any suggestions?[/i]

·
Registered
227 Posts
Tell them it's an SUV, Smart Utility Vehicle then ask them when they took their "macho" vehicle offroad or over an obstacle that needed more than a curb's worth of clearance, then ask what their MPG is, then reiterate that yours is a smart utility vehicle. (I drive one of those gas guzzler Landcruisers, don't take it off road, but rationalize cause I need the space)

·
Registered
335 Posts
It's an MPV - Multi-Purpose Vehicle. Or it's an MUT - Multi-Use Transport.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Well, according to my State Farm Insurance the Element is a "Sport Wagon", but......

If I had my way the Element would be called a ...

TheDoAnythingAndEverythingWonderVechile!

all and all I think the Element is the the Leatherman's Tool of the automotive world!

But no matter what it is....I love it!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a problem with "Smart Utility vehicle" as it sounds as through it's trying to be a SUV. I'd prefer Intelligent Utility Vehicle, or IUV, but I doubt that it will stick.

Diane's (and State Farm's) Sport Wagon isn't bad, but I think that "Utlity Wagon" may come closest.

The correct term will evolve. :wink:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Sorry but I have to disagree here. I think the term "SUV" describes the E perfectly. What is more descriptive than Sport Utility Vehicle? Let the others change their description. I will refer to my E as an SUV because it is sporty and has great utility. I also use it for sport. I will be glad to join in finding a descriptor for the other vehicles. How about GGOHSUFSV (Gas Guzzling Over Hyped Seldom Used For Sport Vehicles). Any other suggestions??????

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Hey, Kayaking's a sport, biking's a sport, Soccer's a sport, hiking's a sport and my E enables me to persue all my sports and when I'm done and soaking wet, muddy, sweaty and gross, I can crawl in and leave or stand in back and change, and clean it when I can. With a sponge! :mrgreen: Try that with a frickin' Escalade.

·
Registered
287 Posts
What makes the "E" intelligent or smart again?

·
Registered
540 Posts
My E is an SUV

Sexy
Useful
Vehicle

Simply
Unbelievable
Vehicle

Surfers
Unlimited
Vehicle

or

Silly
Undefinable
Vehicle

:wink: :D 8) :p :lol:

·
Registered
287 Posts
its pro active!

·
Registered
957 Posts
[quote:ef56e2be20="TheLusciousHellcat"]My E is an SUV

Surfers
Unlimited
Vehicle

[/quote:ef56e2be20]

Do you surf?

·
Registered
540 Posts
EMass:

Sure I surf. I surf the Net daily. :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Think of it as a cross between a van - suv- pickup. A all-around multi purpose vehicle designed for functionality - not looks. It's also almost $10k cheaper than a comparable mid-sized suv or van that gives you the same cargo volume. :lol:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Have to think they spent alot of time considering looks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The Kelley Blue Book puts the E into a category called crossover vehicles. Not a car, not a SUV and not a mini-van. It takes the best of all 3 makes of vehicles and combines them into one. Other examples are the Nissan Murano, Mazda Protege etc. I don't care what they call it, just as long as I can my element mine. The best of the crossover vehicles and the best vehicle out there for that price. I love my EBP ex. It's all good. Later

1 - 20 of 23 Posts