Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been driving a VW since 2003, started with a 03 Golf then upgraded to a 06 GTI. I just traded in my 06 GTI 6MT for an 08 E LX AT AWD. I was moderately involved in the DUB culture, I'd go to a few shows and had some small mods to my car.

I'm looking forward to customizing my E a little, first thing to go is the stereo, the LX stereo SUCKS!!! I have a Thule roof rack from my first VW, once I get the feet to mount to the E I'll install that. Rims, slightly larger tires, a basket for the roof rack and side steps are on my list, but it might be awhile.

Traded this

For this

I was pleasantly surprised with the interior, all the test drives I had were in silver or grey Es, I expected my interior to be grey.

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
Welcome to the cult!

Excellent choice...NBP!

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
** extends paw ** Rocket Dog...Rush Chairman...damned glad to meet ya!

You'll find a lot of similarities. The E is virtually the same shape as your old Beetle. It corners superbly. Blinding acceleration. Yeah, practically a VW clone.

You DID know the Element comes in other colors besides black? :)

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
yeeea. i came from a vw. got to love them. my friend has an 06 gti. handles better than the older gtis. i am assuming you have slowed down quite a bit since getting the element.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Wow.. we came from the VW cult as well.. traded in our Vw Bug Convertible on our Element.. Here is a pic of our VW rag and the Ghia before new paint! Welcome to club E!

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I used to drive a VW, I inherited my Dad's 1980 VW Vanagon back in High School. It was like a tank! This isn't mine, but mine looked just like this:

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Another refugee. The last two were my wife's NB and my Golf TDI was the last in my line of three.

You won't find much similarity in the Element, but it makes up for the performance and comfort differences by being really, really convienent and the most practical vehicle I've ever owned.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the warm welcome, I really like my E so far. No more high speed turns for me, but I don't have to worry about avoiding every little bump in the road. I plan on keeping my E as long as it still drives, but I'd like to get another VW as a project someday, soon as I can get the funds and can convince the wife that I'm not wasting money.
So far I've added a Sirius radio and once I get my head unit installed with front aux port I won't have any complaints, the factory 6.5s will be replaced soon also.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I used to drive a VW, I inherited my Dad's 1980 VW Vanagon back in High School. It was like a tank! This isn't mine, but mine looked just like this:

my od my parents had the same color that one was an 84 with water cooled engine

1 - 16 of 16 Posts