Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Honda element Awd automatic
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be working on my wife's 2005 honda element this weekend and her issue is the passenger low beam is very dim. Have bought new bulbs and swapped bulbs and issue stays on the passenger headlight staying dim. I also have a parasitic battery drain on this car I will be looking at with my amp clamp but im not sure if both of these problems are even related. Battery dies after a few days but the headlight is off.

Question is where can I purchase a headlight wiring diagram for this car. It can be an online repair manual as I don't want to wait for delivery. Does chilton provide an online one for purchase? Or who makes the best one and where can I find it?

Thank you very much.

·
Registered
745 Posts

although I just found this with free access:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

although I just found this with free access:

Thank you very much I will look in to all these.

·
Registered
745 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Honda Element EX 2WD / 1993 Chevrolet S10 Blazer
35 Posts
Are the contacts on the headlight connector rusty/corroded? I would try wiggling around the connector before you dig into it any more seriously. if you wiggle it just right and it lights all the way up, then you know the problem is with the connector. :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update

I was able to work on her element sunday and I found the parasitic draw to be 250 milliamps. Removing the fuse labeled backup reduced it to under 50 milliamps so tracked the solution to the tailgate. It was not closing properly due to a previous crash in the rear.

On the dim headlight, I swapped the bulb to confirm the dim side and low and behold it worked so problem was in fact the bulb. Thanks to everyone for the help. Ill keep an eye out on both repairs to see if they last or something comes up since its only been 1 day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts