Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took my Element to the upper peninsula of Michigan from the Detroit area for 3 days of skiing and hiking through the woods. There were three of us. I flipped up the back seat behind the driver's seat. Luggage (one bag each plus assorted small bags of stuff) and 3 sets of cross country skis fit in with a TON of room to spare. It was a comfortable ride and totally dependable for the entire trip. I never felt it blowing around the road either, even while crossing the Mackinac Bridge. I loved my Element before, but OMG everytime I take it somewhere I love it more. On the way home I got tired and my brother took over the wheel. It was his first time driving it. He was impressed with the ease of driving and parking it and how comfortable it was. It was he who suggested the Honda in the first place. He suggested the Fit, but my harp wouldn't fit into it. Anyway, this car is really the best car I have ever owned. I LOVE IT!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Does the Mackinac Bridge still have the lanes that you can see thru? I remember back in the mid 70's going to visit my Mom in Ohio when I was stationed at K.I.Sawyer in the UP, that seeing the lake while I drove over it was rather disconcerting the first time.

The outside lanes were solid for the motorcycle traffic, but a few crazy one would ride on the open part.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does the Mackinac Bridge still have the lanes that you can see thru? I remember back in the mid 70's going to visit my Mom in Ohio when I was stationed at K.I.Sawyer in the UP, that seeing the lake while I drove over it was rather disconcerting the first time.

The outside lanes were solid for the motorcycle traffic, but a few crazy one would ride on the open part.
I believe the inside lanes are still metal strips. I didn't even notice if you could see down through them. I stayed on the paved right lanes because it was kind of snowy and I wanted to feel pavement under the tires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts