Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently received a quote for a 2003 Element EX 4WD Auto. Trans. from a near Chicago dealer and would appreciate your opinions.

$20,023.00 including destination charges.
Total Out-The-Door: $21,529.31 ($51 Doc Fee, 6.5% sales tax, $143 License Plate, $7.50 local tax)

Given an invoice+dest cost of $19,720, the price is $303 over invoice. Sounds pretty darn good to me. Strangely, I don't see many Elements in the Chicago area.

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yes, that is most DEFINITELY a great price! Better snatch it before someone else does.

Like me. :twisted:

Steve

·
Registered
424 Posts
That's a great deal,

I got mines at Grand Honda at $269 above invoice! You might want to go to Jacob's Twin Honda. They are offering the 2WD EX for only $17995 plus 1.9% APR.....$436 under invoice and maybe you can get the 4WD for the same price. Personally i wouldn't do business with them, but Jacob's Twin always have the best deals in the Chicagoland area.

P.S. I drive a BLK 2WD and hope too see you on the road :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you are able to wait a little while you might be able to work a lower price by emailing the internet sales departments of many nearby Honda dealerships.

Here in San Francisco Bay Area I found a dealership selling at invoice, then still checked with other dealerships. I took some time to sell my car myself instead of taking trade-in ($4,200 instead of $1,500). Finally the same dealer who sells at invoice announced a sale and I bought my SMM 4wd EX Auto at $19,096 including destination charges.

No other local dealer could touch this price and the dealership has been very good to work with.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Jim Hurst in San Leandro is offering the Element EX 2wd Automatic at $17,846.00,(including destination charges) plus tax, title, tire, and license fees, and offering the Element EX 4wd Automatic at $19,096.00,(including destination charges) plus tax, title, tire, and license fees..Offer expires May 31, 2003

Offer states this is only for cars on the lot, but he traded with another dealer to get my color.

Tell him Valerie recommended him.

PS - if you are not buying by May 31, get on his email list and he will let you know when he has sales and special offers (near the end of almost every month)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote:442770fa6b="SteveO"]Yes, that is most DEFINITELY a great price! Better snatch it before someone else does.
Like me. :twisted:
Steve[/quote:442770fa6b]
Did I say Chicago? I meant Anchorage, Alaska :wink:

·
Registered
4 Posts
That sounds to be in the ballpark. Not much $$$ to be made in these Elements for the dealers. I got a good deal and was treated excellant at Harbor Honda in Merrilville, IN. About 45 min. from downtown Chicago. Good luck.

E-Man.
EX Sunset Orange Pearl.
Chicago Suburbs.
8)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts