Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am deciding if it is worth the $$ for the factory security system or to go for an aftermarket system... does anyone have any strong opinions one way or the other? I was planning to install the factory system myself if I went that way, but to go to a shop if I went aftermarket...

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
The element has an immobilizor standard. I don't see a need for the alarm. If you like the remote entry that can be included with a remote starter for a lot less money. I don't think people here alarms anymore.

Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know it comes with the immobilizer, but does this satisfy the security requirement so I can get an insurance discount?

·
Registered
168 Posts
i wouldn't buy it again, given the choice. the immobolizer does meet the insurance requirement for a discount. others have posted notes about using LEDs rather then alarms...

it is fairly easy to install and would think aftermarket is the way to go...

i am wondering, as it is so easy to install, if i trip it on an unauthorized entry to the vehicle and remove the module they put in ( really easy to do ) will this defeat the system ?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Not according to my insurance agent at Farmers. I got it for the insurance discount and piece of mind. Obviously, if your car is targeted, there's not much you can do other than sleep in it with your buddies, Mr. Smith and Mr. Wesson.

Also, Lojack is something to look into for another level of security.

Although it's certainly true that most people ignore car alarms at malls and in urban environments, if you live in a tight neighborhood that looks out for each other, the alarm can be of use.

peace,
-jdef

1 - 5 of 5 Posts