Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently posted a thread concerning two Elements I was looking at.
Neither of them worked out... so the search continues.

I found this one

He is willing to go between 12700 and 13000. He had said that there may be a couple tiny issues. One being the ABS sensors ( rusted ?? ).

People with experience or opinions.. let me know what you think.

Thanks

·
Registered
163 Posts
I recently posted a thread concerning two Elements I was looking at.
Neither of them worked out... so the search continues.

I found this one

He is willing to go between 12700 and 13000. He had said that there may be a couple tiny issues. One being the ABS sensors ( rusted ?? ).

People with experience or opinions.. let me know what you think.

Thanks
without actually checking, I would think that the price seems alittle high with 130k miles

·
Registered
27 Posts
@ Thinkinsip:
It looks like it has an owner that like/loves their vehicle. Make sure to check with them regarding maintenance records. Give the E a good look over for anything that might show the vehicle was abused (leaky struts, rounded tire shoulder, etc.)

Good Luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@ Thinkinsip:
It looks like it has an owner that like/loves their vehicle. Make sure to check with them regarding maintenance records. Give the E a good look over for anything that might show the vehicle was abused (leaky struts, rounded tire shoulder, etc.)

Good Luck.
Yea, I agree... I am taking in to get a thorough check up. Hopefully it will be a goody!
It's km's are from commuting.. so I guess only the visit from the mechanic will tell us the verdict.

·
Registered
72 Posts
If he hasn't put a clutch on that thing yet I wouldn't touch it.

Personal experience and every indicator that I have seen leads me to believe that clutch is about shot. Especially with frequent mountain driving (Whistler). I know there are extreme cases of longevity but I and many others replaced the clutch around 130K and IT'S NOT CHEAP ($1200 min).

Seems high but it looks clean.

Good luck!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
YAY!!! well the elements previously mentioned were a gong show... buuuuut we found our element!! good price.. and clean. Thanks for all the help EOC

1 - 11 of 11 Posts