Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to change out my boring stock rims. Something bigger would be nice. What is the biggest I can go without rubbing or having to mod anything or risk having accelerated damage to suspension parts? I'd appreciate any recommendations you guys may have!

· Registered
2,122 Posts
just powder coat the stock ones and put on bigger tires. Really woke up the appearance of my vehicle. Not boring anymore.

Wheel Tire Plant Car Vehicle

· Registered
409 Posts
Are you looking for bigger rims (street look), or bigger tires (off road look)?
Common street size is 225/55-18 which is the factory wheel on the SC model.
For larger tires, the two most common are 235/70-16 (wider and just a bit taller) and 225/75-16 (taller and slightly wider)

· Registered
Honda Element 2007 EX MT
480 Posts
just powder coat the stock ones and put on bigger tires. Really woke up the appearance of my vehicle. Not boring anymore.

View attachment 218482
I'm running the Michelin Defender's as well (OEM size). How do you like them? How did you "blacken" them? They look great!

· Registered
1,344 Posts
Discount tire (and probably other sites) have on-line viewing areas where you can try wheels and do "plus one or plus two". They will also let you know what tires on larger rims will still be the same as the stock diameter. Keep in mind that shorter side walls on larger rims will ride a bit rougher. As Tedsti said the SC has 18" rims so anything from 16" to 18" are pretty easy. I know guys that went to 15 inch and gave their Elements a rugged look because the tires have more sidewall to get the same diameter.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts