Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wonder if anyone has information, or knows where to find it, on the cost of possible options for the Element. I'd like to know a MSRP, an invoice price, a dealer cost, and a dealer installed cost for such things as:
keyless entry
upgraded armrest
side air bags
running board steps
roof rack

I have seen just a little information on these, and it is not very consistent. Does the cost vary widely with the dealship?
Thanks.

·
Moderatorium
6,408 Posts
For the MSRP (and a decent discounted price) on installable options as parts, try here:

http://www.partscheap.com/element03.htm

If you're semi-handy with a wrench, they even have the installation instructions for everything, downloadable as PDF files. I wouldn't recommend D-I-Y for the more complicated and invasive options, such as the keyless entry and A/C, and neither do they.

As for the dealer-installed price? I haven't a clue. Except for the A/C on the DX. Installed in our area it's $1500. From partscheap the kit is a shade under $800, off from $1,165 MSRP. Would I (an experienced mechanic) trade a weekend for $700? You bet I would! :twisted:

·
Registered
227 Posts
[quote:9f0a71bcb1="MikeQBF"]

. I wouldn't recommend D-I-Y for the more complicated and invasive options, such as the keyless entry and A/C, and neither do they.
[/quote:9f0a71bcb1]

Uhhh... on the Honda Element, you can install the keyless entry in 3 minutes if you were able to understand the concepts presented when you learned about the birds and the bees (plug the relay in and insert one screw, voila, you're done) $~100 from www.handaaccessories.com . They are the cheapest I have found for element accessories (and I have looked!), only actual shipping charges and quick reciept if your on the left coast.

·
Moderatorium
6,408 Posts
Ha! I didn't look at the instructions for the keyless entry... but you're right, it's incredibly simple. I just took their word for it.

What's interesting is that they didn't have this "don't do this at home" warning on the A/C. Now THAT is a major project well beyond the scope of most shadetree wrench-turners.

H&A and partscheap.com are both Honda dealers selling parts online apparently at "mechanic's net". Their prices are usually within pennies of each other, although H&A does list a better selection of accessories and trim pieces. Hmm. I have had a couple of years of experience with partscheap.com and they've done very well for me.

·
Registered
227 Posts
[quote:e0253faac2="MikeQBF"]
H&A and partscheap.com are both Honda dealers selling parts online apparently at "mechanic's net". Their prices are usually within pennies of each other, although H&A does list a better selection of accessories and trim pieces. Hmm. I have had a couple of years of experience with partscheap.com and they've done very well for me.[/quote:e0253faac2]

Yup, there's several good sources out there, I like H and A cause their prices are good, they shipped quick and since they are only two states away I get my order in two days and just pay regular UPS shipping charge.

·
Registered
29 Posts
It took me longer to find a 10mm socket in the bottom of my toolchest than to install the keyless entry receiver, reconnect the battery, and program both the transmitters. The instructions were simple, the only hard part was contorting myself to be able to see under the dashboard. And I'm the consummate liberal arts type.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts