Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I broke down and ordered an Eclipse CD5030 today. Despite them leaving the business I trust Crutchfield will take care of certain warranty issues. BTW they dropped the price on them.. they're now 250 shipped brand new. I've seen em on Ebay for 220 shipped but Crutchfield seems to be the best bet since they've got a good reputation. Anyways...

My search-fu still needs work. I've been searching the threads here on how you guys are running your bluetooth mics. Steering column seems to be the easiest, I've seen it above the a pillar at sun visor and rear view mirror.... but how? I've searched headliner and can't seem to find a post talking about how to run wires above it. One post I read said something like after you take the a pillar and weather stripping off the headliner just sags. Need more info. Kinda want to put the mic at the rear view but if its more trouble than it's worth then I'll just stick it behind the steering wheel.

Thanks

Oh, I switched out the default dash kit at crutchfield (http://www.crutchfield.com/p_003HONK828/Honda-In-dash-Receiver-Kit.html?tp=29769) to the scosche 1701B. Hope I didn't make a mistake as it's probably shipping out right now. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Steering column is easy and works great. The shape of the instrument cluster leaves two little recesses that is a perfect place to mount it. I used the pivot that the mic clips into (but left off the big clip that you would use on the edge of the headliner) and attached it with some velcro. Pretty clean install for something so simple.

OTOH I went to the other extreme on my Audi (Pioneer Avic Z110BT) where I dissambled the driver's side a-pillar, headliner, and overhead light console to mount the mic in the factory location behind a grating at the rear of the console. So I can totally understand you wanting to mount it by the mirror :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I think I'm going to mount the mic behind the steering wheel for now. Well.. atleast I'll start there, and if it yields good results then I'll keep it there. Been bookmarking all relevant threads for the install (AUX, SUB wiring.. dash removal.. amp bypass etc.) so I think I'm ready for tomorrow heh. We shall see

·
Registered
139 Posts
I hung mine on the rear view mirror, only 2 pieces I really had to pull off was the front of the instrument cluster and the A frame pillar, which the entire install took 5 minutes, 10 tops. Used a coat hanger with a hook at the end to string it through above the headliner..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts