Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:?: Been lurking on this board for the past couple of the days as I began my search for an E. I live in the Portland area and I have stopped by the lot or requested pricing over the Internet from all dealers in the area.

Its been fairly frustrating looking for the E I desire (EX 5spd SAB). Almost all of the dealers here have attached 2K+ ADM or simiarly priced "NW Protection Package" as a way to take advantage of the relative scarcity and popularity of the E.

I am curious to learn about any buying experiences and strategies from those on this board who have recently purchased in the Oregon/Washington areas?

I want an Element, but no so much that I end up paying more than MSRP for a vehicle that's ending its model year soon.

Thanks in Advance

pdxdiver

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had a great experience at Jim Sigel in Grants Pass, Oregon. No problems at all. Everything was up front with them. Just my opinion.

·
Moderatorium
6,408 Posts
>Almost all of the dealers here have attached 2K+ ADM

Wow! :shock: Certainly incentive to buy out of state - E's are selling at invoice here in St. Louis! The difference alone would finance a nice vacation... although I would never consider a trip to St. Louis a nice vacation... by any stretch of the imagination.

:D

·
Registered
227 Posts
We bought our SMM 4wd EX Auto for $1000 off MSRP at Dick Hannah Honda in Vancouver, through their internet dept., unless you use the internet dept. you will go through the 2-3k ADM and have to haggle down to MSRP (if your lucky). I also had a good experience at St. Johns Honda but they were out of stock and were at MSRP.

·
Registered
84 Posts
We bought from Capitol Honda in McMinneville last summer and would recommend them. We had very negative experiences with the dealer markup situation at all other Honda dealers, especially the one in Beaverton, except for Thomason. Problem was, they did not have the car we wanted on the weekend we wanted to buy.

·
Registered
43 Posts
[quote:c14ab6b621="yelapa"]We bought from Capitol Honda in McMinneville last summer and would recommend them. We had very negative experiences with the dealer markup situation at all other Honda dealers, especially the one in Beaverton, except for Thomason. Problem was, they did not have the car we wanted on the weekend we wanted to buy.[/quote:c14ab6b621]

This is where I got mine. The Internet guy at Capitol Honda, Victor Edwards, was very straightforward with the price over the phone, etc., and seemed to be totally free of that car-sales slime dripping from most dealer people. He's the one you get if you request internet pricing through a Costco.com or similar service.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We bought our GG Honda AWD EX w/o side airbags a week before Labor Day at Thomason Honda. We were to get a different car, but saw an ad for the E in the paper...of course when we got to the lot, the advertised E was gone. So we did a test drive, loved it, and ended up paying $22K, a good $1000 over sticker. But ah, wait, there was also the $3000 adjusted dealer markup, so the price was actually around $25000, so the sales manager says (yeah right). We drove off the lot with paying $22K, should've haggled a bit more because we weren't that desperate to get on (we would have settled on $21,500), but that's how it goes so do your homework, take the advice of other posters and use the Internet Sales Dept, and good luck!

The only added features to ours was the roof rack (kinda lame), mud flaps, arm rest, and all-season floor mats--but WAIT, for some reason they were not included in the car, they just mysteriously disappeared or something, so we didn't even get floormats for our money. Not thrilled with the buying experience, but we love the E so that is that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts