Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im sure this has been done before but heres my attempt at a storage box... i carry a lot of stuff around for all of my hobbies and i finally got tired of it sliding around... heres the before and after shots with more in my albums... sorry for the bad pics, the camera was down and all i had was my iphone...

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD TRP
2,928 Posts
It;'s a good first effort at mastering the mess.

If you don't mind giving up the entire floor area behind the rear seats for one layer of stuff there are a lot of divided containers that will do. Some fold up when you don't need them, some have zip-up covers.

I think that smaller containers that stack is a better solution; we use some Rubbermaid containers for holding our odds and ends of camping stuff. Stacking them allows us to use half the width and store the same amount of gear vertically. The smaller size makes it easier to quickly load and unload when we need to - like for accessing the spare tire..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i thought about that but i didnt want to have to pull the cover off everytime i wanted to get something out... plus it only cost me $30 total and i can say i built it

·
Registered
161 Posts
nice job DHouse!

you can always put a board on top to make a platform and hide your stuff too. then you can put junk on top of it too.

really looks cool. and i like to be able to say "i built it!" too.

tk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the compliments... the carpet on the dividers just doesnt look right to me, so i think im going to wrap them with the cloth like the outside boards... other than that i love it... no more hatchet sliding up to my feet or ammo boxes slamming around back... and the seats still lay back, best of all it doesnt move when the seats are up

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Good stuff DHouse...

Now if you could only get that "fog" out of your cell phone camera...! You seem handy enough, what about fabricating some form of a "tailgate backrest"...? Like rest it on the top of the organizer with hinges...? Just throwin' it out there...!

LBD

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i thought about building a back rest but havent had the time to figure out how so it wouldnt get in the way of the stuff in the box... ill post pics if i ever get the chance to modify it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts