Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, just wanted to check in and let you know how my 03 SSM EX 4WD Ellie's doin! just turned 185,000 miles (paid for) and runs like new! this is by far the best utilitarian vehicle i have ever owned! it possibly is the best all purpose vehicle ever sold! i added keyless entry when i bought it and i have a 30gb ipod, garmin nuvi 255, and BFG All-Terrains! (best investment i ever made!) vastly improves looks and toughness, great on and off road tire and i've put over 100,000 on them! it would be a shame for honda to discontinue the ellie! instead they should come out with a more aggressive off road type for us hard core element fans! here's a pic! hava a great day!

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
That's excellent. Congrats. I wish I could have had a similar experience, instead my E swallows up most of my cash in repairs but I'm not saying it's a bad car, I just happen to have a lot of problems, some pre-existing and some new.

Anyway, that's a heck of a lot of miles! Bravo!

·
Registered
6,468 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2003 ssm 4wd ex 185k mile update

JOJO i couldn't agree more! this is quite possibly the most uniquely versatile SUV ever built! i've had her for more than seven years now and i am constantly amazed at the diversity of things this machine is capable of! best investment i ever made! i only wish Honda would've realized what they had and just tweaked its off road capabilities instead of going the other way with it ie. the SC version. but oh well at least we gotta chance to own a truly unique and amazing vehicle for a little while! peace!

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Thanks for reporting back to us. You are a long time member, with a good car. I find it interesting that in all that time, you have never found the time to fill out your profile.
So what part of the country do you live in ?

It would be helpful to others if they knew that.

Dom

·
Registered
1,432 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
hey guys, just wanted to check in and let you know how my 03 SSM EX 4WD Ellie's doin! just turned 185,000 miles (paid for) and runs like new! this is by far the best utilitarian vehicle i have ever owned! it possibly is the best all purpose vehicle ever sold! i added keyless entry when i bought it and i have a 30gb ipod, garmin nuvi 255, and BFG All-Terrains! (best investment i ever made!) vastly improves looks and toughness, great on and off road tire and i've put over 100,000 on them! it would be a shame for honda to discontinue the ellie! instead they should come out with a more aggressive off road type for us hard core element fans! here's a pic! hava a great day!
100K on the BFG's? Wow, that's impressive. What size All-Terrains are you running? I was thinking about the 225/70/16's now that my Dueller AT's are about at 65K and in need of replacing. Probably not a great tire for mileage, but I'm in lots of snow for half the year and have to deal with gravel quite a bit - so I like the trade off of an aggressive tread on my Element.

LeadFoot

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2003 Element 4WD EX SSM BFG's

hi guys, sorry about that i just updated my profile. the BFG's AT's are the stock size 215/70/16 i was surprised that the dealer carried them in the stock size so i went for it! plus since they are a very broad shouldered tire i didnt want to risk having any rubbing issues. i believe the longevity is due to a couple of reason i do a lot of highway driving and i have them rotated about every 10k. hope this info helps! peace!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts