Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 664 Posts

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are so excited to finally begin building our teardrop trailer!:grin:

Mr. Jojo finally finished up welding the trailer and brought it home.
Perfect timing for a 3-day weekend!
We left for Home Depot Friday morning for some wire brushes and rustoleum.
As we were driving home it started pouring! Literally on our parade!
It rained most of the day, but we managed to get a canpopy set up and still got a lot done/
So far;
Pic #1 scraped
#2 and painted
#3 All dry!
#4 building the floor
#5 Adding the Insolation
I forgot to take a picture of the bottom of the floor after we undercoated it with roofing asphalt, and weve already flipped it back over...ooops:twisted:
built the floor frame, added insolation and painted the undercoating (forgot to take the picture before we turned it back over:twisted:.)
I'll post what we get done next!

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Attachments

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
There's a guy that lives near me doing the same thing, I think, lol. He is building a small camper in his garage and I think I see him stitching interior out in his driveway. Pretty neat.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
We are so excited to finally begin building our teardrop trailer!:grin:
. . . . I forgot to take a picture of the bottom of the floor after we undercoated it with roofing asphalt, and weve already flipped it back over...ooops:twisted: . . . .
Congrats on starting your TD . . . good thinking on the undercoat. Most people skip this and regret it later. ;-)

Looks larger than 4 x 8 . . . maybe 5 x 10 ?
Do you have a shape in mind yet ?

I'm looking forward to following this thread !! :smile:

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats on starting your TD . . . good thinking on the undercoat. Most people skip this and regret it later. ;-)

Looks larger than 4 x 8 . . . maybe 5 x 10 ?
Do you have a shape in mind yet ?

I'm looking forward to following this thread !! :smile:
It will be a 5x8 Generic Benroy.:)

Mr. Jojo got some really old (try 1947) plans off the internet awhile back and he's been building the frame from the plans.
I decided to look up some newer plans, since I thought maybe over the years there have been some improvements to the design, especially since his called for Asbestos sheeting:lol::shock:
Of course we changed it up a bit, have to make it "ours".:D

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
. . . especially since his called for Asbestos sheeting:lol::shock:
Of course we changed it up a bit, have to make it "ours".:D
LOL . . . Have him put it on HIS side. You did negotiate a your side = 3 ft / his side = 2 ft deal before you started this , right ? :D

·
Registered
143 Posts
That looks like a Ridgeline teardrop!:shock: When it is completed, I think you should sell it to me for a cheep price.:cool: I'll even come pick it up in zombie-land!!!:D

·
EOC Rank: Granny Smith Apple
2,593 Posts
That looks like a Ridgeline teardrop!:shock: When it is completed, I think you should sell it to me for a cheep price.:cool: I'll even come pick it up in zombie-land!!!:D
JCK, you must come to terms about the battle that rages within, and confess, you need to buy and E.

j.

·
Registered
882 Posts
JCK, you must come to terms about the battle that rages within, and confess, you need to buy and E.

j.
I've been telling him that since the National meet. He just won't come to terms with that.:lol:

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
553 Posts
Keep posting pictures of your progress...the DH and I have always wanted a sweet little teardrop camper...how cool!

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Attachments

1 - 20 of 664 Posts