Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove from Omaha, NE to Show Low, AZ to pick up this 1988 13' Fiberglass Perris Pacer. Camped on the way back. It is awesome!

Would love to paint it to match the Element, and do the inside likewise, but since everything is tan/brown, it may be too labor intensive!

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
Nice trailer

Congratulations on your new camper. Dog drool has a similar trailer. Shes on the pets forum quite often. I believe hers is a Boler? Bolar? Something like a scamp. Anyway, what a long haul to save a camper thats not around that much and sought after as I understand it. Good luck with it and hope to see you at a meet someday.
Best, MoonDrop:lol:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wt. is 950 lbs. dry----which means it's probably close to reaching our limit with everything in it! I did alot of investigating on the Fiberglass RV Forum and this one, before I felt safe enough to take the plunge! The only way to be sure is to get it weighed (which I will do.) There are some mods you can do to make it lighter if necessary (replace cabinet doors with something iighter, travel with empty water and gas containers, pack LIGHT, etc.)

I knew it had to be a 13 footer, and probably limited to a Scamp (the older ones), Burro, Boler, or Compact Jr. (pop top). The U-Haul, Casita, Trillium, etc, seem to run heavier. Stargazer (on this forum) has a Scamp, and we stopped by and took a look at his a couple months ago. He has had no trouble towing, etc.

We bought the camper from a man in AZ, who buys them and fixes them up. Since my hubby had no interest in fixing one up, I had to fine one that was ready to rumble! His wife even does the "interior" decorating!

We had no trouble towing the camper back. And although we did try to take the flatest route home, we did have some elevations leaving AZ, and going thru New Mexico. No problems. The E was getting 24 MPG before we got to AZ, and about 14-16 mpg with the camper (going 60-65) Probably will try to go alittle slower next time.

In a perfect world, I wish the E could tow a bit more weight--when you get up to the 16' fiberglass campers, you can have a shower/toilet. But I love my E and it will be paid off NEXT MONTH!!! So I've found that PETT porta-pottys and Wag Bags are a good thing! And who needs a shower every day when you're camping!?!?!?!?

The people over at the Fiberglass Forum are wonderful, just like the people here, and are ready to help any way they can. The mods they do on their campers are just as fantastic as the stuff we do to our E's!

It's a great world out there!

·
Registered
662 Posts
I don't know what you gave for it, but whatever it was you got a good deal.

That is one very sharp camper---it looks like new

and Eli approves. :D

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Hotrodder---I paid $4700. Which is probably top dollar (unless you're bidding on e-Bay!), but considering we don't have to do a thing (unless we want to), I think it was a great deal. And, we got to see the Petrified Forest/Painted Desert, and I fell in love with New Mexico!

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Nice - looks like the puppy wanted to take a bath in the sink...........

As for labor intensive, just do a little @ a time

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Awesome trailer!!! Are you Pugmom on Fiberglass Rv too? Seems to be alot of Element owners on there.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ah, Orangee---"a little at a time". If only I could live those words and not get so impatient!!!!

cai88---on Fiberglass Rv I'm: Vickie B.

jojo---my other Pug, Skippy, insisted I have airconditioning before he'd go camping, so we got a small window one like Stargazer has.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I'm CarlyI on Fiberglass RV.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Thanks Hotrodder---I paid $4700. Which is probably top dollar (unless you're bidding on e-Bay!), but considering we don't have to do a thing (unless we want to), I think it was a great deal. And, we got to see the Petrified Forest/Painted Desert, and I fell in love with New Mexico!

:D:D:D Happiness is priceless :D:D:D

·
Registered
6,468 Posts

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
very cool trailer

I like it alot, and thats not a puggy it's a puggmax 9000 12 volt version, cost more , but worth every penny, "It's a Good Deal, if your happy.

My kingdom for a v6 transplant, I know it would get better mpg and pull like a pit bull. My wifes' 99 Ody weighs more than the E and gets better MPG ala V6...perhaps if I pulled her engine and transaxle complete, an electric fire could wipe out the rest of the Ody.. away, then what would I do? If I find a pile of money that's the 2nd project on my list.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks guys for all the kind words!

You're cracking me up!! That pic DOES look like Elli is plugged in, doesn't it? Right now she is barking in the back yard, and I'd like to UNPLUG her.

Hiker Chick--glad to hear from you!! A few years back you (and others) helped me with good ideas about tent camping. I bought the Sportz Tent that hooks to the back of the E, and everything else I needed, and we went ONCE! One reason was that Skippy hated the heat and the bugs (something bit him and his face swelled up like a melon!) A swollen pug is a sight to see. Being the animal lover I am, I made long distance calls to the vet, got him Benedryl, packed up and went to my mother-in-law's house for the rest of the trip. Now he'll be able to lounge in the Perris Pacer on the bed, chewing a bone. Ah, the life!

My husband says I would never have cancelled the trip if it had been HIM swelling up-------------and his point is?????????????????;-)

The good news is----all that stuff I bought back then is very usable now. I am trying to think of a way to use the Sportz tent as a "front door screen room"--especially in rainy weather. Somebody else on the Fiberglass Forum was wondering the same thing. Otherwise, somebody mentioned that the Paha Que Screen Room gave them extra space and helped keep things dry--but a 10 x10 is $325. If I could use the tent I have now, that would be great.

This is so exciting---it's like being alittle girl with my own rolling playhouse! All the things I disliked about traveling---motels, dragging stuff in and out, eating out all the time, not being in my own little space, and not having my dogs with me----- have been overcome. I'm ready to see the world and meet some great people!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts