Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We upgraded our Honda Element to a six seater a couple of years back, out of necessity (before we purchased an eight seater Suburban for our second vehicle), and absolutely love it! Check her out:

·
Registered
477 Posts
Necessity is the mother of invention. But where do the legs go?

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
My father was just rear-ended in the Pilot last week and now I'm staring at how you put human lives right in the Element's crumple zone. Even a moderate tap would smash your passenger's heads against the rear window. I'm DEFINITELY not liking this at all.

·
Registered
477 Posts
My father was just rear-ended in the Pilot last week and now I'm staring at how you put human lives right in the Element's crumple zone. Even a moderate tap would smash your passenger's heads against the rear window. I'm DEFINITELY not liking this at all.
Excellent point. safety first.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
terrifying

·
Registered
565 Posts
Yeah, I wouldn't put my dog in the Dog Friendly kennel setup for just that reason. I definitely wouldn't let anyone ride back there. But, hey, people get crushed in the passenger compartment, too, I guess.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Yeah, I wouldn't put my dog in the Dog Friendly kennel setup for just that reason. I definitely wouldn't let anyone ride back there. But, hey, people get crushed in the passenger compartment, too, I guess.
They wouldn't have to be crushed. Any decent bump from behind would have their heads hitting the rear glass and I'm not sure what's worse, really - getting killed or living on with a severe brain injury... Nope. The worst would be watching my kids live on with a severe brain injury.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
how I long for the days when we used to ride in the back of the pick up truck, sitting on the wheel wells, the entire little league team sitting on the rails.... Everyone is so uptight anymore, sheesh.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
how I long for the days when we used to ride in the back of the pick up truck, sitting on the wheel wells, the entire little league team sitting on the rails.... Everyone is so uptight anymore, sheesh.
back when that whole drinking and driving thing was a good idea?

·
Registered
477 Posts
desinia- sorry to hear about your dad. hope he is ok and recovering.
my .02 cents on this and what I always tell my kids. just b/c you can doesn't mean you should.

·
Registered
94 Posts
EnZed, the safety concerns that a few here has raised, of course are valid points. Nonetheless, I want to thank you for sharing your modification.

Could you share a little bit more about your driving experience? How did your Element handle the additional load? I'm curious on the engine and suspension performance with 6 people load.

·
Mod-erator
4,575 Posts
Do you have any info on where the seats came from?

Any pictures of how the seats are mounted?

I agree on the concerns of the crumple zone, but applaud you on the mod.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Do you have any info on where the seats came from?

Any pictures of how the seats are mounted?

I agree on the concerns of the crumple zone, but applaud you on the mod.

Thanks!
he posted a link. someone had one of these installed a few years ago, first time i've seen 2

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here's a collage, showing multiple angles of the installed jumpseats, including interior/exterior mounting bracket shots (using Grade 8, Automotive Bolts, as provided by Manufacturer). Hope this helps, for all those with tech/install questions. (Also shown is our 684 Thule Terrapin, rear cargo carrier with steel swing arm and tail lights..which is large enough to carry a full-sized spare, etc).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts