Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Everyone:

I'm picking up my E (a silver EX with side airbags) next week-- :D -- and I have a couple of questions to ask the group about the power outlets:

1. I've read conflicting things on this board about whether the rear power outlet works without the key being in the "on" position--what's the consensus?

2. If it does NOT work, will my Honda dealer modify it for me so that it will?

3. If my Honda dealer won't do that, how can I find someone who will? I don't know the first thing about wiring, and I'm not even sure what category under which to look in the yellow pages.

4. Is it possible to find someone who would install other outlets in the car? I'd love an outlet in the small shelf right behind the steering wheel--is that possible?

5. If I purchase an aftermarket console that plugs into a power outlet and in itself has several additional power outlets, is it possible to find someone who would wire that directly into the car, rather than having to drape wires from the console into the outlet on the gadget shelf?

Thanks for any and all help and advice!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Heads Up!

The forward outlet is extremely tight.... to the point where it strips and destroys the screw-on cap of a fused plug :cry: , such as used in refrigerators that fit neatly between the seats. (Google search on Vector refrigerators to learn more about these - you can buy them at Target.)

The best solution I have seen for this is to buy an adapter that will give you two electric outlets. Thus you can charge your phone and keep your cokes (Yeah, sure!) cold at the same time. :lol:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts