Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 2003 EX today for my wife (her poor Dodge Nitro is just tired and ready to be sent to pasture). I'm making a list of all the little things that used cars invariably need fixed so I can take care of those soon.

The overhead bin's door seem to swing in (it was like this when we got it). Is this correct? If so, how the hell are you supposed to close it far enough to latch?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I've had two Elements and neither swung inside the bin. It sounds like somehow it got popped in. Maybe try gingerly prying it outward while holding the unlatch button and see if it returns to the correct position. Good luck, that would be annoying.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I finally took the whole thing down last night. It looks like at some point, someone pushed it in, and broke the spring (hidden inside the headliner on the outer part of the bin) that would normally swing the door out, so now it won't do either direction on its own. I just removed the door completely for now, and will track down a new overhead storage bin later on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts