Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible (or reasonable) for a dealer to let you test drive a car 'overnight' or at least for an hour or two? I'm asking because I would really like to drive the Element in 'normal conditions' - i.e. traffic, my usual route home, errands, etc. I think that would give me a better feel for the vehicle than driving for 10 minutes on a set route near the dealership. I also want to see how it would fit in my garage, and loaded with my stuff (bikes, etc.). I really like the Element, but it is very different from what I'm used to driving (Nissan Maxima), and I'm trying to be as sure as possible before making a purchase.

Thanks for your thoughts...

·
Premium Member
2003 2WD MT GG, 55K as of 3/20(!), It’s a Fun Box
277 Posts
I scheduled a test drive with the internet sales manager at my dealership. I let him know ahead of time that I'd need to drive it home (to check if it would fit in my garage) and needed to test it in multiple driving conditions. I had it for about 1 hour with a friend of mine and a salesperson came along.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Certainly not out of the question. Come on down to San Marcos, pick one up and take it home overnight if you would like.

·
Registered
19 Posts
[quote:b16977396b="supamann"]Certainly not out of the question. Come on down to San Marcos, pick one up and take it home overnight if you would like.[/quote:b16977396b]
:lol: good one, supamann.

i went in and said i wanted to drive one, they threw me the keys and stuck a dealer tag on it and said "have fun".

i went back about an hour later, after checking it out in all my areas.

the sales manager said if i wanted to drive it again, come on by.

:D

·
Registered
220 Posts
It isn't uncommon at all for customers to wish to spend a little more time driving vehicles before making a large purchse. It's weird, but we often find customers intimidated by this when we offer. I guess it's that they don't want to feel obligated or something. Maybe they feel this is a form of pressure (which it does help build mental ownership), but we would rather a customer drive a vehicle a little bit longer and be certain this is exactly what they want. Doesn't do either one of us any good to sell a vehicle and later have a customer unhappy with it. Sure we get a sale out of the deal, but that isn't the main thing that builds growth in a dealership.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts