Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my car is almost 7 years old as we are in year 2010,i bought it brand new back in 2003 when element first came out.i waited for a week before i can pick her up because the color and the equipment that i wanted and they didnt have it in stock.
i am still happy with my element,it is got about 57100 miles on it now.i baby her since the day one.the exterior and interior are just like brand new still,not a scratch or ding on the exterior.not a rip or stain in the interior. :grin:
the only major problem is, the driver side door lock actuator broke about 3 years ago.
overall,i am happy with my element .

and my 2000 bmw only has 51500 miles on it.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Awesome! My E was #1148 off the production line. I took the first available EX 4wd and said I would take any color. I really was hoping for SOP but the GGM grew on me after about four seconds behind the wheel!
I wish I only had 57,000 on mine. An 80 mile round trip to work doesn't help much.
I've had my E for exactly seven years on Thursday the 7th and it has over 117,000. I have a few door dings and scratches but she still runs almost like new. I've gone through five windshields, six sets of front wipers, three rear wiper inserts, two door lock cylinders, eight headlight bulbs, one full set of struts, stabilizer bar bushings and end links, two sets of tires, one battery, one rotor and caliper, one set of brake pads, one ELD, 24 oil changes, 4 rear diff and tranny fluid changes, two coolant drain-n-fills, and two gas tank guards.

Pretty darn good in my opinion. All these things are minor routine maintenance except for the case of windshields!

Here's to keeping em on the road for another seven years...

...and another seven...and another seven..!:grin:

·
Registered
288 Posts
I plan on keeping my TRP-E for a long time, too! I had a PU that I kept for almost 18 years because I really liked it. I like this E even better, and I've already spent as much $ "personalizing" it as I did my PU. Unless a new/better E comes along, I plan on having this E for a very long time!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I bought my EX brand new in March 2005, I currently have 55k miles on it, and "Darth Raider" looks BETTER than brand new!!! ;-)

Chief
You aren't kidding Chief, you put a lot of TLC on your E!

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Same here..............2003 SOP
except I've got around 117K on mine, that and no babying - Dogs have enjoyed the heck outta the DogTaxi

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I am not the first owner of mine but the close second and so far its been great and I plan on keeping it for awhile also. It does so well hauling the dogs ect.:)

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
This thread popped up while looking for threads to catch up on maintenance on my original owner '03 eternal blue E. Nice to see other '03 owners are hanging onto theirs too.

I only have 55,666 miles on it, as of today. But that includes backroading on dirt roads and other mountain driving for hiking and mtn biking. Outside looks great other than a couple of [email protected]#[email protected]!!! door dings. Interior has held up well to lots of bike and hiker carrying, and definitely NOT pampering it.

I STILL love the E for its practicality, even though finding out its a bit higher maintenance than I was led to believe. It certainly pays back by being fun to drive.

And the Eternal Blue seems to be named appropriately, or else the eagle 1 wax as you dry is amazing stuff.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I purchased my E new in May of 2004. I haven't as kind to mine as others have because I believe that a vehicle is made to be used. That being said, I have 78,000 and it still runs great and has not been in the shop other than for routine maintenance. I have had one windshield replaced and the battery last almost 5 years to the day.

I have never kept a car this long and I don't see getting rid of it anytime in the future. I love my E...

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Still rockin the '03 SOP. Plus I just found out I still have about 10k of an extended warranty left!!! Whats that say about Honda's reliability if the owner forgets he has an extended warranty?? I haven't had to use it until just recently when my ABS light came on. And even then I was all ready to pay for the repairs when we found I still had warranty left!! I love Honda!!

·
Registered
529 Posts
I bought my E from Rusty Wallace Honda in Knoxville in July 2003. She has had just general maintenance accept for a driver side lock actuator. Ergo, she has cost me fifty bucks and an hour and a half of work since I got her. I have 105K miles on her and she has worked her tailgate off as a work vehicle hauling equipment, parts and tools along with two dogs and had several x-country trips. She has scrapes, bumps and bruises, but still runs like a top. She got 355 miles on her last tank at 27.1 MPG, and continues to wow me for her mileage and reliability.

Great car! Thanks Honda!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Man, I feel like my Element is getting older way quicker!

I have an 07 SC with 70,000 miles. I've only owned the vehicle for two years! I'll hit 100,000 easily by the end of the year!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Original owner from June 2003 with 155k & still going. :-D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Miles on an Element

Love the Element so much we bought 2 of them. My wife has an 06 EX-P with 127,000 miles on it. I have a 2008 SC with 52,000 miles on it. We are both in sales and drive alot. If anyone has more miles than that please post. I'm a little worried about my wife driving a vehicle with that many miles but then again it's a HONDA!

·
Registered
834 Posts
I bought mine in Sept 03' and still loving it! I have 140k + now, and yes! some minor maintenance had done to it but nothing major, still on the same Trany and Drive Shaft.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
06' with almost 92,000 miles & counting..... bought it brand new & have loved every minute of it.....gonna drive it till the wheels fall off......then I'll tow it home with my ridgeline & fix it....:razz:

·
Registered
707 Posts
I bought my 05 in Oct 07 and she's running great still! I got her with 20,000 and now I'm nearing 80,000....my 30 mile commute everyday and trips to TX and FL are the culprits to my milage:roll: only 6 more years till I pay it off!:twisted:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts