Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone replaced it? think it would help with gas mileage? im still gettin about 250 mile a tank while many here are getting 330 miles per tank on the regular :confused:

·
Moderatorium
6,408 Posts
22 hwy 18 city
That's within the normal range, albeit the low end.

People constantly overlook how big of a contribution "foot management" makes to fuel economy. My wife gets a consistent (and frustrating) 22 hwy in ours - while I get 26-27. Same vehicle, same roads, same speeds. Only thing changed is the nut behind the wheel.

Thread moved to "Fuel Economy...".

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone I know this is a super old thread but I didn't want to start a whole new one...

So my E's got around 171k on the odometer & I've never replaced either oxygen sensor. I was going to be doing some other stuff like fuel system cleaning, replacing plugs & air filter so thought maybe I'd install new sensors too. Is it something that wears out/collects build-up over time & might be a good idea? Or don't bother just wait til it craps out?

Any advice is much appreciated, thanks!😁

·
Registered
5 Posts
anyone replaced it? think it would help with gas mileage? im still gettin about 250 mile a tank while many here are getting 330 miles per tank on the regular :confused:
Yes, I replaced both front and back sensors, bought them both from Walmart online (!) - Genuine OEM parts, best price - even beat Amazon. I checked the ODB II readings and it showed the front sensor was shot, so I replaced them both. My gas mileage improved.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Disc not know this...144,000 miles and got the display error code for bad icy sensor. Googled it to find oxygen sensor can significantly affect mpg. Scheduled for replacement tomorrow...$169. Including labor. Googled video and see it is easy to do yourself if you have a lift and special wrench...I’ll pay to have it done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts