Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this code after replacing a bunch of stuff for the cooling system, and starter. Car ran fine before it. Could have been coincidental, but, tested the air assist valve, and it's bad, the one in front of the vcover with 2 vac hoses attached to it. For the life of me, I cannot find a reputable company that makes it, besides, OEM. Can you just clean it like you do on an IAC valve to free up the spring inside using A carb cleaner, and compressed air? I don't trust the Chinese made ones at Ebay nor Amazon. Wve, NTK, SMP don't have it in their database.For now, I just temporarily plugged it.

36281-RAA-A01 - Genuine Honda Valve, Air Assist. Any input is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
930 Posts
only thing I can say is that I broke the plastic nipple off of one on a CRV a few years back.

$7 and 30 minute hose change turned into $150 and a half day of work. Wish they didn’t make it out of plastic.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
only thing I can say is that I broke the plastic nipple off of one on a CRV a few years back.

$7 and 30 minute hose change turned into $150 and a half day of work. Wish they didn’t make it out of plastic.
i did not break mine. Tested it as per Honda SB, and result is that the valve is leaking air causing the higher than expected idle rpm.

·
Registered
2007 Honda Element 4WD EX MT
5 Posts
How much higher is your idle rpm? I have a slightly jumpy idle rpm (100-300 rpm jump) and wonder if this could be something to look at.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mine was at first, surging at 800-1000 rpm, re-bled the cooling system, and that went away, but my idle was still high at close to 950, so I went ahead, and tested the IAB valve with engine at normal operating temp, and boom, the darn thing was sucking vacuum. I have plugged it since, and it's all good. If you live in the southern states, the iAb vlave would not matter much, but in colder temps, you may have to double the time you warm up the car. Bet of luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Looks like we ran into some issues. Please come back and try again later