Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's a thread to suggest ideas for the 2009 Regional Meet in the Pacific Northwest! Multiple regional meets will happen over the June 26, 27, 28 weekend, and may join up with our Honda "siblings" in the Ridgeline, CR-V, etc., clubs.

This first post is a place-holder ... my first suggestion is coming up next ...

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Here's an idea for a regional meet location: Maryhill State Park near Goldendale, WA, south-central-ish near the Oregon border.

This would be a smaller-scale camping meet (depending on group site). There is decent availability for campsites that weekend, and I'll be calling tomorrow about the group site. Several of the available sites can hold more than one car, and since some of us camp within the Element, there's opportunity for sharing/saving $.

Fun thing about Maryhill? There's a full-scale model of Stonehenge nearby! Fauxhenge!

From the park website: Maryhill State Park is a 99-acre camping park with 4,700 feet of waterfront on the Columbia River in Klickitat County. The area is significant for its natural beauty, its access to the surrounding natural wonders and its cultural history.

Planned EOC activities? Potluck dinner Saturday night. Other than that, hangin' at the campsite is my forte! Others would be welcome to plan excursions, like a wine-tasting tour (about an hour away). I would probably visit the Maryhill Museum of Art.

This is just one idea - post your feedback and other ideas here! I feel like our area has enough people/interests to warrant more than one meet, so please share!

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, I PM'd some folks in hopes of getting more ideas going.

And let me repeat (did I say this before?) that I won't be offended at ALL if the Maryhill idea doesn't strike anyone's fancy. The idea is to get folks together doing things they enjoy!

I just wanted to throw something out there (that I do think would be fun) so we don't sit around saying, "What do you wanna do?" "I dunno, whadda YOU wanna do?" :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
i havent been to Coeur d' Alene ID in a while and i can PROMISE the best bbq you've ever had (from the mouth of a southerner)
here is a link to a park near there, ive kayaked out there and mountain biked
http://parksandrecreation.idaho.gov/parks/coeurdaleneparkway.aspx

truthfully im a little buzzed atm so i will do better research tomorrow but i figured ID was a rare spot for a meet and the bbq there is amazing :)

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Oh, man!

We're going to be in Seaside, OR. that weekend.:-|

·
Registered
351 Posts
Junebug
Papa smurf has the banner for the NW chapter. please let us know if there is anything that we Portland Business Graphics can do for this event. thanks Mark

·
Registered
218 Posts
just to help consolidate while im stuck on a call at work so far for the weekend of June 26, 27, 28 we have te following ideas
Maryhill State Park near Goldendale, WA
Coeur d' Alene ID (im currently looking for a venue, but promissed great bbq, im a texan i would know right?)
amya's canyon in eastern WA

who else has ideas?

·
Registered
22 Posts
just to help consolidate while im stuck on a call at work so far for the weekend of June 26, 27, 28 we have te following ideas
Maryhill State Park near Goldendale, WA
Coeur d' Alene ID (im currently looking for a venue, but promissed great bbq, im a texan i would know right?)
amya's canyon in eastern WA

who else has ideas?
I am down with CDA. I am there like on a weekly to biweekly basis. (It only a half hour from Spokompton)

·
Registered
22 Posts
ive only been a few times for the amazing bbq :D on forth street

where could a bunch of awesome E's go and hang out/ camp out ect ect
Well in CDA or north of CDA up in Athol there is Farragut State Park. CDA has turned into a large urban sprawling monster. It is not the same as what you have been to within even the past year. Also what place on 4th? This weekend I will be in Portland so if anyone wants to meet let me know. As for Spokane there is Riverside State Park and I do have some connections on cool spots on state land up north of here by about 15 miles.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I know that it is just a bit farther but maybe one of these days the Pacific NW E Owners should consider a Glacier National Park trip. Imagine a long chain of E's snaking up that road, what a picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
Well in CDA or north of CDA up in Athol there is Farragut State Park. CDA has turned into a large urban sprawling monster. It is not the same as what you have been to within even the past year. Also what place on 4th? This weekend I will be in Portland so if anyone wants to meet let me know. As for Spokane there is Riverside State Park and I do have some connections on cool spots on state land up north of here by about 15 miles.
oh man i forgot about riverside park GREAT park some of my funnest times on the mountain bike where there! we should see whats up for that park durring that time of the week

1 - 20 of 37 Posts