Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't posted here in several years, but I think that's a good thing--my E has done so well that I haven't needed much help or advice.

I just paid off my E, about two months early from my 4-year loan. 8) It's such a nice feeling, and now I am finally treating him to new tires. Can you believe I still have the OEM tires on there?! I've never liked them, but it wasn't an absolute necessity to change them before now, and since I'm a college student, other expenses were always taking priority. But I'm so glad to have new tires on the way (I went with Michelin LTX M/S).

Now I'm thinking about what other nice things I can do for my E...

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Congrats...............it is a great feeling - as Dave Ramsey says, a paid-off car just drives better !

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Congratulations , You have alot of nice goodies on your E already , looking at your wishlist , I would not recommend the privacy curtain , I've had mine since day one and never used it ! Unless you plan on sleeping in their , save that money and think of something better , it's pricey ! Try H and A they've got tons of stuff and are easy to work with !

RUBY

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, everyone! I do feel like it drives better now. :razz:

jesbecause, thank you for the advice! I do want to be able to 'camp out' in my car now and then, but I don't like that the OEM curtain is vinyl (according to H and A, at least...or maybe it's vinyl-coated?), anyway, so I think I'll remove it from my wishlist and try Shen's instructions on how to make one.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Sweet! I'm getting close. I can't believe you kept those Wranglers on it for that long. They must be completely bald. The E drives much better with real tires on it so get ready.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Congrats...............it is a great feeling - as Dave Ramsey says, a paid-off car just drives better !
+1

Congrats on the paid off E! I'm not there yet but at least I have a plan. Wife and I are in our "Total Money Makeover" per Mr. Ramsey :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
I am the exact opposite, about to make my first payment on my 10!

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,522 Posts
It's a great feeling, I just paid mine off a couple of months ago!! Having just finished Dave Ramsey's course I agree with the comments - it's great to have one more thing that I don't have payments on.... :shock::roll::razz::razz:

CONGRATS!!!! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am the exact opposite, about to make my first payment on my 10!
Yeah, me too! I bought mine used. Got a great deal on it (so I think anyway). It's an '04 and only had 37,100 miles on it. Got her for $11,000. First payment is due April 14th. It's kinda scary in the sense that I haven't had a car payment in about 5 years.

Congrats on the payoff Athelwyn!

·
12,179 Posts
I have 12 payments left....This will be the first vehicle i ever owned that had the warranty expire at the same time the loan was paid off.

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,522 Posts
I have 12 payments left....This will be the first vehicle i ever owned that had the warranty expire at the same time the loan was paid off.
Oh, great, just in time for things to go wrong :shock:...... at least with most warranted goods :lol::lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks again, everyone! :)

I just hit 28,000 miles. I've been driving work and college mostly (I'm an 'adult student'); the only real trips I've taken have been flights, not major road trips, so that's how the tires have lasted this long. They are in sad, sad shape now, though! I can't wait for my new tires to arrive, and I want to take the E camping.

I hear you on the warranty thing...I did get an extended warranty, but the company went bankrupt and the warranty went to another company. I really need to check up on that. :twisted:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts