1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Stickers ? Repaint? Hood replacement? Dirt ? :lol:

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have some minor paint fade areas on my hood and roof. Is there a way to fix it ?
There are some good finish restore products that will remove oxidation and scratches. Hands-Free Car Washes sometime have detailers on site that will rub out problem areas, and wax with a protective coating depending on your area. That is the draw back of a Black Vehicle, though they do look cool.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
If you could provide a few pictures I am sure we could give you some good suggestions. I can’t imagine it would be to difficult to fix seeing that you have a pretty new element. "2008"

I would try Meguiars 3 Step system or something similar to that. It is a paint cleaner, polish, and wax that has made a huge difference in the appearance of my element.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Try Poorboys products , I've used there products on a custom motorcycle I painted for a customer , and on my own vehicle the stuff rocks! http://www.poorboysworld.com/

I like Meguiars as well but for the price, and there tech support can't beat it. The products can be used in direct sun light with no chauking .

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,527 Posts
Griot's Garage has some great products as well. I LOVE black, but would not buy a daily driver that color because of this type of problem. Have yet to see a black car, older than two, that isn't turning "gray-ish" because of the clearcoat scratching..... :-:)-(

Good Luck!! :razz::)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts