Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We purchased a black EX and took delivery in June. I was looking for a paint protection system that would look good on a black Element. After some research-- I ordered a kit from Toughguard, INC www.toughguard.com. What a product! The paint finish looks great and mud, dirt and goo does not even stick with this product. Black is such a hard color to keep clean. The finish is the deepest dark black glow I have ever seen. We travel a great deal at night and the bug mess just does not stick. We have also used their vinyl protectant on the plastic panels. Dirt and mud just does not stick with this product applied.

·
Registered
34 Posts
This is an old post, and I wish I would have found it before I got Simoniz. As opposed to that, this Toughgard claims you don't have to wax for 5 years after using it.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Isn't that the same claim Simoniz has??? Is toughgard any better than Simoniz?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I checked the Simoniz site and couldn't find anything, but Bigred1 you said in another post:

"The paint protection is just a polymer (simoniz system 5) it's not a wax or doesn't mean you don't have to wax it. It just makes your paint on your vehicle, which is water based now instead of lead based, more resistant to water spots, bird droppings, tree sap....ect...

I chose not to have it done at the dealership. I didn't want them to mess up my baby. I ordered the simoniz system 5 on the internet and did it myself. (30 bucks) instead of the 400.00 the dealer wanted. I'm only 32 so i didn't mind doing it myself. Anyway enjoy your E and if you have any ?'s just ask on the boards or email me.

Bigred1,
(Scott)"

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did it last?

I checked the Simoniz site and couldn't find anything, but Bigred1 you said in another post:

"The paint protection is just a polymer (simoniz system 5) it's not a wax or doesn't mean you don't have to wax it. It just makes your paint on your vehicle, which is water based now instead of lead based, more resistant to water spots, bird droppings, tree sap....ect...

I chose not to have it done at the dealership. I didn't want them to mess up my baby. I ordered the simoniz system 5 on the internet and did it myself. (30 bucks) instead of the 400.00 the dealer wanted. I'm only 32 so i didn't mind doing it myself. Anyway enjoy your E and if you have any ?'s just ask on the boards or email me.

Bigred1,
(Scott)"
Scott,
How is the Simoniz system working. Is it still lasting? I did my vehicle with Toughguard 3 years ago and it is still looking great.

Derrick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts