Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I built a wrecked 06 element, love it, but I had to use a gray front bumper on it. Is there any paint I can use to match it up with the other panels?

Thanks

Here is a picture of it.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
that metalic charcoal colored "warm gray" (early EX color) is a tough match. Looks like you've got the light gray from an early LX model.

I don't think it is available as a factory touch up paint or not....several people have looked for it since '03. Most resorted to just buying a new factory part.

The subject of this gray recently came up. Do you still have the old damaged bumper? Does that semi-flat metalic color appear painted on or is the color actually imbeded in the plastic?

I've used DupliColor Magnesium Gray wheel paint on some motorcycle stuff, and it is a close match to the EX fender gray, but not close enough for an "obvious" component like your bumper imho. It would work well for accessories like a licence plate frame or somesuch.

Will

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
The best solution, other than replacing it with the proper part, Is to paint all the plastic the same color!

Krylon paint works well. You would have to paint all of the plastic to obtain a perfect match.

None would be the wiser!

Dom

1 - 3 of 3 Posts