Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, i joined a while ago but never really posted anything. so here we go!

I finally got around to painting my dash black, used krylon fusion, no sanding or priming, just cleaned with mineral spirits and spayed a few light layers, i think it turn out great!

let me know what yall think

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Looks very good...good enough to mae me think of doing the same in fact.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its the green that came on the 2003 models, you can see i didnt paint the door arm rests, need to figure that one out :mad:

·
Registered
44 Posts
its the green that came on the 2003 models, you can see i didnt paint the door arm rests, need to figure that one out :mad:

the door handles look like a pain to remove. you could try taping. i think i'd like to paint mine a darker blue than what's already there. thanks for the idea.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks yall for the feedback, im very proud of myself haha

I want to do the door rests, but i dont wanna mess the wiring up by trying to remove them the wrong way, anyone know how?:)

·
Registered
724 Posts
How easy was it to remove the dash pieces? I was thinking of doing this the other day, and the long weekend might prove to be a good project period.

Any instructions on how to remove them? Could you link me to the specific paint you used?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i started with the air vents on the dash, the side ones, just tug a bit on the open close tab below the vent and it should pop off, then take the side piece of the dash that you can only see when you open the door, they are large triangle shaped, just pop that off with a flat head screw driver and unscrew the screw holding the top textured piece on, same on the other side

here is the type of paint i used, you can get it at home depot, walmart, or most hardware stores. i just got the semi gloss black, and followed the instructions on the can

·
Registered
669 Posts
I've got the door pieces painted where the window buttons are. You have to take the door panels entirely off to do it. I wanted to paint the plastic parts on the bottom of the door (look like magazine holders), but couldn't figure out how to get them off once I had the door panels off. :mad:

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I've got the door pieces painted where the window buttons are. You have to take the door panels entirely off to do it. I wanted to paint the plastic parts on the bottom of the door (look like magazine holders), but couldn't figure out how to get them off once I had the door panels off. :mad:
I took those off. You need to take some nice flat cutters and cut the plastic. When you cut it, you need to be careful so that you leave it round still. Then you can get some short screws and screw all of those holes in. Make sure you do not get too long of a screw though because then you will pierce through the other side. Let me know if you need more info.

Painting the doors is really easy, but you MUST CLEAR COAT. If you do not, the traffic from hands and all that will just wear at the paint.

That is why I ended up just replacing my door panel with some sweet 2009 SC panels in Graphite Black and I purchased the armrests and panel switches in CF Grey. The original colors for me were Grey panels and Blue armrests. This and my other interior mods for the Black and Grey look really made a difference. Come visit and check it out. Heh.:D

·
Registered
669 Posts
I took those off. You need to take some nice flat cutters and cut the plastic. When you cut it, you need to be careful so that you leave it round still. Then you can get some short screws and screw all of those holes in. Make sure you do not get too long of a screw though because then you will pierce through the other side. Let me know if you need more info.

Painting the doors is really easy, but you MUST CLEAR COAT. If you do not, the traffic from hands and all that will just wear at the paint.

That is why I ended up just replacing my door panel with some sweet 2009 SC panels in Graphite Black and I purchased the armrests and panel switches in CF Grey. The original colors for me were Grey panels and Blue armrests. This and my other interior mods for the Black and Grey look really made a difference. Come visit and check it out. Heh.:D
Sure, maybe I'll go for a drive today. :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Crazy! I am in the midst of doing this exact same project. The same paint and everything. It blew my mind when I saw this thread! Looks great!

·
Registered
34 Posts
pink

yah i did too! but i did house of kolor paint and scotch brited it first. then used wax and grease remover and airbrushed a couple layers of pink on then a gloss coat. turned out really well so i ended up doing my rims, grill, and emblem as well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts