Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey this is a great site you got here. Nice to see there's a good source of info.

I was wondering if anyone has seen any problems resualting from painting the panels of the E. I would like to do it but it just seems that painting the plastic might not be too great 5-6 years down the road. Anyone have an opionion on this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
A probably silly question

Just researching to buy. Live in lower Manhattan, parking on street people definitely will "touch" the car. I was thinking those black fender/bumper deals on the 03-05 EX would be a great idea. My current car has painted plastic bumpers and they scratch hideously.
Am I in denial, guys? Those black rubbery looking deals seem like they are made of black material, not painted black on top. OY.
Any info would help a lot.
Merci.
Reno

·
EOC Rank: 999
1,793 Posts
reno said:
Just researching to buy. Live in lower Manhattan, parking on street people definitely will "touch" the car. I was thinking those black fender/bumper deals on the 03-05 EX would be a great idea. My current car has painted plastic bumpers and they scratch hideously.
Am I in denial, guys? Those black rubbery looking deals seem like they are made of black material, not painted black on top. OY.
Any info would help a lot.
Merci.
Reno
Yo Reno: Where in the city are you? Have you read of our upcoming meet at Bear Mountain? See if you can make it to this meet and get to know some of us personally. Drop me a line. I live upstate but grew up in the city.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
There have been several guys on this site who painted their panels long before Honda ever thought about coming out with '06 EX-P and now the SC Elements with painted panels. These pioneers on the EOC took the time to do their homework and got it done. Simply by sanding, priming and painting and I've yet to hear any of them talk about problems with their work. I think if this is something you want to do, go for it. Also you may post a thread and see if anyone has the color of you E with painted panels willing to trade. A lot of people go back and forth on the panels and someone, may just want the natural look. Just a thought.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I've had my panels painted since 5/04 and not a single problem. Its endured every type of weather and even when it got hit, plastic cracked and paint stayed on.

·
Registered
214 Posts
NOSkweezePSI said:
I've had my panels painted since 5/04 and not a single problem. Its endured every type of weather and even when it got hit, plastic cracked and paint stayed on.
I love the Fiji Blue Pearl you've got there. I wonder why they dont offer that color anymore :-? I had to get the Atomic Blue Metallic

·
Registered
599 Posts
I like the fact that Honda does small changes in colors from year to year or every other year. It helps to keep us all a little different (as if we werent already different).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts