Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are painting a 2004 Element EX for my son's 16th b-day at my work. Had to remove all panels and sand them smooth, use adhesion promoter, then refinish. Still puting back together, and installing billet grille. Will send more pics as it goes back together.8)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
WOW that looks really great!!! Looking forward to seeing it finished. Is it SOP or a custom color? Drew:)

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Very nice- looking forward to seeing the finished product! :D

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I saw a SOP around LA that was painted almost as much as this, still left the sidesills dark grey, and parts of the front/rear bumper stock. Looks great!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
More info..........

Element is located in Mesa AZ. I have before pics and pics with panels off as well. Paint dept sanded the texture out of the panels before priming and refinishing. Color is the stock color for a 2004 Element with a little bit of orange pearl in it according to the painter. The orange on the 2004 Elements is the darker orange, not the lighter one that is on the newer models. We ar a Honda dealer Bodyshop, and work on quiet a few Elements, but this is the first complete "all panels" refinish we have done. Painting the panels really changes the overall look of the vehicle, thats for sure. Still havent put the front bumper/grille on yet, or a few of the roof rail panels. Had to replace ALOT of clips! I am cutting he grille apart this morning to get the billet grille fitted before I send the grille bezel to get painted prange as well. I am not sure about the lower front silver part though. I might paint it orange as well, or leave it silver. Since everything else is orange, it will more than likely be orange as well. I will post more pics when more is done............

Whe the Element is done, we will be a 3 Honda family.............:razz:

A before pic and a during pic...................

Attachments

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Wow me too. I lived all around the Valley of the Sun for 14 yrs. :) Mesa, Tempe, Chandler, and Phoenix. Really miss it out there:-( Drew:twisted:

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
not quite completely painted... you didn't paint the side mirrors, wheels, C pillar including hinge cover.
Yeah, you missed the headlights, too. Other than that, it looks awesome. What are your future plans?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
orange

Thought about c-pillars, but decide to let that stay "black" to kind of match when I tint the windows. Same with mirrors, since they "line up" with the glass from the side. I might change my mind and paint them later though, we'll see Wheels????:cool:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Orange Mirrors

I think it would look more complete with orange mirrors. Even though it will be a pain. Regardless it will be more consistent with upper end Hondas that have them same color as the body???

What about if you paint some plastic and double side tape it to the mirror so you can easily compare with and without orange mirrors?

In any event it looks suuuuper. :cool: Honda's intent I think was to have it be more carefree and maintenance free like the interior. Unfortunately doesn't the sun dull and white haze the unpainted plastic? I never cared for the fender particularly in the dark plastic color. My wife hated it so we got a CR-V.

Finally what type and brand paint did you use? Did you add flex agent? If we ever have to repair the CR-V front end I might body color paint the front.

I wish Imron was available in the Glacier Blue Metalic :mad:

-RG

·
Registered
859 Posts
so do you own a shop in the area? ive been thinking about having my panels painted but im not sure whether its worth it, how much might you charge to do this? i want a contrast look so ive been thinking of painting them either sop or the new citrus fire metallic. that E looks great, your son is a lucky kid.

·
Registered
11 Posts
C-Pillars not

Definitely not orange. The combination of door and C-Pillar would be really wide if both were orange. Not sure that would look balanced.

You could try the same temporarily painted 4 or 6 mill plastic double side taped on too. Or Orange felt if you can get the same color.

-RG

·
Registered
201 Posts
so do you own a shop in the area? ive been thinking about having my panels painted but im not sure whether its worth it, how much might you charge to do this? i want a contrast look so ive been thinking of painting them either sop or the new citrus fire metallic. that E looks great, your son is a lucky kid.
I'd like to know this as well. I'm thinking of doing an SC conversion and painting everything to match... would it cost more in labor to prep and paint the plastic or just buy new SC panels/bumper and color match it to the car. I'm sure if i buy actual SC parts, the labor would be significantly lower and would look better.

·
Registered
536 Posts
04 Repaint

Hey that does look good. I painted my 04 panels with DuPont Fusion Matte Black. It came out super

1 - 20 of 25 Posts