Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found out about doing this yet? Can it be done? Will it crack, or look bad in a short amount of time? I am looking at a New E, but the grey side panels just kill me.

Any info would be great to know........Bob G

·
Registered
249 Posts
Someone mentioned on this site a while back, they saw one painted here in Michigan.
The post(er) was from Michigan (tigernumber6?) Might want to ask him.

·
Registered
46 Posts
if you get a professional shop to do the painting you'll be fine and the panels will be fine ~~ just have to find a shop that knows what they're doing ... when painting flexible surfaces you have to mix in things like plasticizer, flex agent, etc

proper paint technique and no problem....

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yeah, I saw a pretty tricked out Element a while back. It had the composite panels painted to match the rest of the car. It looked pretty natural, like it was supposed to be that way. Took away the unique look, in my opinion, but it didn't look technically bad.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not sure if you have gotten all the information since this was posted, but my E has the panels painted and I love it. If you want to see pics, send an email to [email protected] and label it as E-PICS

·
Registered
72 Posts
Almost any bodyshop should know how to paint plastic. Almost every car has plastic bumpers these days. Saturns have tons of plastic on them. If a company does the job and it all falls off, I'd demand a refund, because there really isn't any reason for that.

·
Registered
22 Posts
with my paint job I got a three year warranty which made the decision to paint them, that much easier.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.