Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings!

I reside in So Cal, around the LA area...just got my Element about a month ago and have seen numerous photos of the "All painted" Element on the web. Does anyone know where I can get this done? Is this strictly a Honda Dealer job? Or can I trust any paint/body shop to do the work?

I'm itchin to know...

Thanks!

AC

·
Registered
894 Posts
The caveat of this, it seems, is that to get the paint to adhere, the panels were heated to be smoothed out. This has left a bit of a wavy effect in the plastic.

·
Registered
220 Posts
The pictures that I have seen so far were from a dealership that I believe was in California. I haven't had the courage to send one of our Elements out and try this, but it looks super in the 2 pictures I have seen (Blue and Silver). If I find anything out, I'll gladly share the details, including cost, etc.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My friend just had his repainted, he actually works at a body shop and his ca looks awesome! His name is Jon. Call him at 626.285.0980.

·
Registered
98 Posts
mine is actually perfect. I trusted a body shop in southern california too. Call Pacific Coast Motoring at 818-224-3323. They will tell you waht to do. I have absolutely NO wavy effect at all. My panels look identical to the sheet metal. They did an absolutely amazing job.

Here are some pics

Front Angle Shot

Direct Side of Car

If you call PCM, just tell them you saw a black painted element and want the same thing done...see what they tell you, high quality work, dare i say perfect.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
WOW! I haven't seen that done before!
That looks incredible!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
That is SWEET!!! Do you mind me asking how much of a dent that put in your wallet? I just want to know what kind of damage it is gonna do to me?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts