Honda Element Owners Club banner

Parking Sensor Install

6K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  chuckc1971 
#1 ·
Hey everyone! I just picked my '07 SC a few weeks ago and I've already started the mods...Just installed a set of parking sensors for the rear and have a few pics that i wanted to share...It wasn't to hard to install...just tapped the reverse light + behind the rear drivers pannel & had to drill a hole to run the wires up....LoL...I was so caught up in the install I forgot to take a picture of all 4 sensors in :|....I'll update 2morrow...enjoy!

See less See more
#2 ·
can we see some pics of how it all hooks up inside? IE how you get the warnings and such?

#3 ·
Thanks Joe....I'll try to snap some pictures at work tomorrow of how I ran the wires and where I drilled the hole....as far as the display goes I hid it by the ebrake...thought it was kinda ugly...as long as I can hear the beep beep beep it's all good!

#4 ·
thanks in advance for more pictures. Another question i had this morning was where did you get the kit and how much :D

#6 ·
Follow up pictures as requested!

Hey all! Had a few extra minutes at work and snapped some photos....sorry about the quality...they were taken with my phone :-(

Here's the completed install with all 4 sensors in:

Here's a few pics of how i ran the wires in between the bumper and crumple zone:

After I ran the wires i tried looking for a a place to run the sensor wires from under the car to inside the cabin....finally i found a round cut out in the subframe of the car that went dirrectly behind the driver side taillight....I drilled a hole and ran the wires through + sealed with silicone.

The first picture is that small hole i just mentioned...it's located under the car between the rear driver side tire and the rear bumper. If you're underneath the car you can't miss it :) just look up.

The second photo is where I drilled the hole to run the wires through....I have to admit...i was too lazy to take the pannel off again today...but I drew a red circle on the picture below where I drilled the hole...U have to use a 1/2" unibit and go all the way in. You might run into the subfram underneath while drilling but don't worry...it's some real tuff metal and it will just push the unibit over as you drill.

I mounted the box further behind this pannel and hid the display in the dash because I thought it was ugly lookin....but it has a loud ass microphone so...ya that's enough for me.....beep beep beep...ahhhh that sweet sound! 8)

#11 ·
Hey! Sorry I lost track of this thread...I used a MAS kit....I think retail is about $99.99 for the set, but dealer cost is around $50....so i'm sure you could find them on ebay for around that price (paint is extra of course).....The kit comes with a digital display with a built in speaker for the little beep noise also....I didn't like the way the display looked, so I hid the display under the dash so that I can still hear the beep noise from the built in speaker. The actual module is fairly small and I installed jus behind the rear shock tower behind the pannels. Let me know if you have any other questions :)

#12 ·
Thread revival:

My wife has a Honda Odyssey with the bumper sensors on the front and back which work great for that tank of a vehicle. The optical display is part of the gauge cluster which is nice.

I've looked around the net and seem some aftermarket kits like the original author of this thread has posted about. I've also looked at the OEM Ridgeline kit which looks like it may just work for me. Black sensors (my EX bumpers are black), tailgate switch, audible-only alarm and a factory looking switch to turn it off if you are towing. Guessing the relative dimensions of the Ridgeline, it should fit and require less disassembly in our E's. HandA's price is exorbitant, however.

My only wish is a front sensor kit and discreet optical display. Anyone know of a kit that may work better than the Ridgeline kit and include all these options? Some of the sensors start beeping at 5' which I think is excessive. Others have a big honkin display. Thanks for any ideas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.