Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have contacted JDM Japan about purchasing the Power Door Lock switch backing plate (#10 below) for the US passenger's side. This does NOT include additional parts needed for the swap, it is ONLY the plate surrounding the switch and continuing behind the door handle.
Part + shipping to my destination is about $60 each (for one). About half of the total cost is shipping. I plan to purchase one for my E, but, if there is enough interest, I will inquire about getting a group shipping discount. Please LMK if you are interested so I can make the inquiry and get a closer price to those interested. They are plastic pieces and easily stacked, packed, and shipped, so it should cost less than $60 each (say, in groups of 10).... :D:D:D

Attachments

·
Mod-erator
4,573 Posts
Count me in...I've wanted to do this mod since I seen it two years ago on here. I need to dig up the old thread on how to wire this up too.

But I'm a 100% yes. You will need to see if you can get both grey & black.

·
Premium Member
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
He told me it is available in two colors, but I have black, so that's what I requested. I can assume the other color is grey, but, will have to inquire if it actually is. :cool::D
Once I will get a final tally of interest, I will recontact with the numbers, then post final cost/colors..... :rolleyes::smile:

BTW, this is NOT a profit venture, you pay actual cost plus shipping from here to your destination...... ;-)

and being plastic, it should be very cheap to ship from here.... :D

·
Premium Member
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They DEFINITELY have the black one (that's what I requested) and I just emailed back to find out if the other part number he gave me is for the gray one. I also asked if he would offer a bulk purchase and/or shipping discount so I can pass this on. I requested a quote for 10 of them - 5 of each color. If more members want them, I can always increase the quantity......:shock::razz::razz:

Will let you know as soon as I do..... :):cool:

·
Premium Member
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am interested if they have a black one. Oh and dont you need the switch also for it to match up?
Yes, but you can get that through your local dealer, as the switch is the same for both sides. There are some threads about wiring this to work, and I will definitely need someone's assistance there..... :oops::???::roll:

·
Premium Member
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Pricing Update

OK, here's the update with an order of 10 (5 each color):

The price is for the Honda Element
Front inside case assy R (black) 72125-SCV-J01ZA : 2674yen x5
Front inside case assy R (gray) 72125-SCV-J01 : 2674yen x5
Domestic/Shipping costs : 3850yen
5% of commission : 1529yen
TOTAL : 32119yen

I used the figure of 29000yen (subtracted mine from the total).

At today's rates that coverts to less than $290.00 total, or, in other words - Less than $32 EACH (plus shipping from here which should be less than $3.00)!! :D:rolleyes:

JSGarage statement about fit: "Because we are unable to confirm if the color is same as the US model, please confirm the color code. Also, please confirm if you can use the JDM version parts to your Element".

I need help in two areas -

Help in confirming that these parts actually DO fit the US E (no doubts here, just want to confirm with someone who has dealt with JDM parts before) and

Commitments from members to buy these parts from me. I will not order almost $300 worth of parts for only two or three commited buyers. I can, and will, buy a smaller amount if nobody else speaks up. I AM going to buy one for myself, just wanted to extend the offer and savings on to other members. Remember my first post that if you bought them individually from this JDM dealer, at todays rates, it would run almost twice as much at over $58. EACH!! :shock:

Please LMK as soon as possible so I can get these ordered. Thanks!! :razz:

·
Mod-erator
4,573 Posts
Like I said b4...i'm in 100%

I know someone (Shen) or another had done this mod on their E, so the parts should fit.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
A_T, I'm in for black. No idea why since no one ever rides along with me.

LMK how and when to send you some $$$. If you need before you order that's fine with me.

Thank you for your efforts on this.

·
EOC Rank: Crankypants
14,898 Posts
Help in confirming that these parts actually DO fit the US E (no doubts here, just want to confirm with someone who has dealt with JDM parts before)
I purchased the JDM driver's side case assembly (inside door handle), part #72125-SCV-J01ZB (gray) from J's Garage in April 2006. It cost me $37 with shipping back then, so it sounds like your group buy is a pretty good deal. The folks at J's were nice to deal with, though buying from Japan was certainly more complicated than buying from a U.S. vendor.

Just to be safe, have the package shipped to an address (perhaps your workplace) where someone can sign for it if necessary. You wouldn't want them to send it back across the Pacific!

·
Premium Member
2,370 Posts
I purchased the JDM driver's side case assembly (inside door handle), part #72125-SCV-J01ZB (gray) from J's Garage in April 2006. It cost me $37 with shipping back then, so it sounds like your group buy is a pretty good deal. The folks at J's were nice to deal with, though buying from Japan was certainly more complicated than buying from a U.S. vendor.

Just to be safe, have the package shipped to an address (perhaps your workplace) where someone can sign for it if necessary. You wouldn't want them to send it back across the Pacific!
Thanks for the confirmation and mailing tip!!

Will let this go until tonight and post a tally (with names) and see how close we are (THANKS for all your responses)..... :D

I have, and prefer, Paypal, as it's easier considering my location and all (even though some members have had problems...:sad: ). I will post final costs once I order them and use the exhcnage rate for that day (plus $2.00 shipping from here (if it's more, I'll cover it)). :):)

·
Premium Member
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
This is the tally so far:

Black (sold out :D ): A_T, 1fastvx, dance, perfdata, and SeattleSC

Gray: bh241

So, there are still four gray ones left, LMK who else is interested. :confused:

If I can get at least two more commited for the gray, I will go ahead and purchase the lot of ten, giving everyone the better price and just put them on the Trading Post (no guarantee the price will remain the same, though..... :shock:)

EDIT: I might be able to swap more black and less gray ones (and still order 10), but, will let this go 'til this weekend to give the "grays" a chance at them..... :)

·
Registered
756 Posts
Why not see if the mods will allow this to be posted other places on the board for more exposure. I am sure they will let you since this is really a non-money making venture.

John

·
EOC Rank: Crankypants
14,898 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I added a post to the .... thread and moved this thread from Trading Post to Group Buy. Let's not start another thread.
Thanks, rambler! I got to thinking about that and that we now have two pages of replies. First time "Group Buy" post-er :oops:, so I appreciate the move to a better forum. :)

Since this now has (hopefully) better exposure, want to give other members a chance to chime in before ordering. If I get a BIG response, then I will talk to them about a larger order/change in color quantities..... :razz::razz:

Want to finalize this by this weekend, so LMK...... :p

1 - 20 of 173 Posts