Honda Element Owners Club banner

121 - 140 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
OK, I placed the order with Yosi at J's Garage yesterday. I received the bill this morning and paid for it by credit card without difficulties.

Quote from e-mail:
"Because we have attached the online credit card payment link, please arrange the payment when your convenient time if it is OK. We will arrange the parts as soon as possible."

I think this means "We'll order the parts as soon as you pay".

Hey, Alaskan_Toaster! Did Yosi keep you updated, like "your order has shipped"?

·
Registered
359 Posts
PM Sent.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH !

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
359 Posts
...if possible, could someone post the electrical diagram: Thanks!!!!

EXAMPLE ONLY NOT AN ELEMENT!!!

·
Premium Member
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
OK, I placed the order with Yosi at J's Garage yesterday. I received the bill this morning and paid for it by credit card without difficulties.

Quote from e-mail:
"Because we have attached the online credit card payment link, please arrange the payment when your convenient time if it is OK. We will arrange the parts as soon as possible."

I think this means "We'll order the parts as soon as you pay".

Hey, Alaskan_Toaster! Did Yosi keep you updated, like "your order has shipped"?
I was very happy with Yosi's constant contact. :)
With my order, he said he had all the parts in stock, but, he came up two short. When I asked if he would ship what he had then the two later, he had no problem with that. He did got ahold the other two and ended up shipping them all together, ALOT quicker than I expected.
I also got the impression that, even though he said they were in stock, he didn't really move on the order until he received the funds (but once the transaction was completed, he got the order together, and shipped, quickly).
If you ever have any questions, or just need an update, he is more than happy to accomodate.

Hope this helps,
A_T

·
Registered
359 Posts
...Thanks BH, It's for my own edification as I was curious about a few things posted earlier:

1. Ground return thru the door grommet boot. I would think the door it self would suffice as the lock actuators appear to be grounded on the door.

2. Sometimes (other) wiring harnesses (nearby) have spare (unused) wires that return to the relay & control unit.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Any metal part of the car would suffice for the ground really. I chose to use one in the 'sub' area - mainly because it was easy to get access to.

The control wires for the locks (assuming you want to control all the locks) go straight from the driver's door lock switch to the MCU/Under Dash Fuse/Relay box - only one connector between them (the one I describe in the DIY post).

All in all, it's an easy mod to do - just aggravating to get at for us older guys.

·
Registered
566 Posts
For those of you who ordered the PDL switch plate with me, I received the following today:

"We have received your payment of Honda parts with many thanks. And we
are going to arrange the parts as soon as possible. When we received the
parts, we will inform you soon. It is a pleasure for us to doing business
with you. Thank you."

·
Premium Member
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #130 (Edited)
Any metal part of the car would suffice for the ground really. ......
All in all, it's an easy mod to do - just aggravating to get at for us older guys.
HEY!! Who you callin' OLD(er) (I'm 45 years young, on my way to 137..... :) )!! :-D:-D
OK, it WAS a little trying splicing the wires into the connector (post #34)...... :???::twisted::rolleyes:

·
Registered
566 Posts
To those involved in my group buy, I received the following today:

"We are pleased to inform you that we have sent Honda parts today. The
item(tracking) number is" ...

"I think that you will be able to check a EMS item number (tracking number) on the following address tomorrow. Also, I think that it will reach you within 10days.

We hope that you are pleased the parts and it is a pleasure for us to doing
business with you. Thank you.

If we can do anything for you or you have any questions, please don't
hesitate to let us know.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely yours,
J's Garage Export
Yo****aka Ikeda"

·
Registered
566 Posts
You guys are going to love this mod! I mean it just makes sense and Honda should have done this from jump street. Period!
My wife is gonna love it.

Hey chozn! Where did you route your wires? I'm thinking I'll route them behind the glove box, but I can't figure out those releases on the inside of the box work.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
I ran my wires through the boot of the door jamb and once I got through, I just took a large zip tie and fed it through towards the drivers side. Once there it was a matter of grounding at the common ground point just behind the subwoofer on the left and side of it, then take your other two wires to the connector just above the parking brake and tap into the white wire with blue stripe and the white wire with green stripe. These are the lock/unlock from the drivers door. Its a bear to tap into these but this is where the surgery is performed.
The glove box releases are that bad. Just push it back towards the firewall and reach on the outter side of it and squeeze the tabs together. They'll pop out and the box will fall forward.

Peace!

·
Premium Member
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
My wife is gonna love it.

Hey chozn! Where did you route your wires? I'm thinking I'll route them behind the glove box, but I can't figure out those releases on the inside of the box work.
Amen on making the wife happy - Happy Wife, Happy Life!!

In regards to wire routing, there is a lip, once you drop the glovebox you'll see it, on the back side of the bottom lip of the g-box hole. I tucked mine right there, then took my wire coat hanger (very handy during this mod), taped the wire to it, and carefully fed it straight through to the other side. It does go through, just don't push too hard. You can't even see where I put the wires, VERY nice..... :D:D

Here's a link to cabin filter replacement, might help in glovebox removal issues:

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39619

Good luck!!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Amen on making the wife happy - Happy Wife, Happy Life!!

In regards to wire routing, there is a lip, once you drop the glovebox you'll see it, on the back side of the bottom lip of the g-box hole. I tucked mine right there, then took my wire coat hanger (very handy during this mod), taped the wire to it, and carefully fed it straight through to the other side. It does go through, just don't push too hard. You can't even see where I put the wires, VERY nice..... :D:D

Here's a link to cabin filter replacement, might help in glovebox removal issues:

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39619

Good luck!!

Thanks for the advice! That's exactly what I just did! I'm hoping to get this wiring project more-or-less done by the time the switch plate arrives. I've got the wires routed behind the dash ... very slick! Next is tap into the driver's side wires, fix my ground, take the door apart and route the other end of the wires. I think I'll do a hillbilly rig and run the wires under the existing non-switch plate and have an externalized switch under I get Yosi's part.

·
Premium Member
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
.......I've got the wires routed behind the dash ... very slick! Next is tap into the driver's side wires, fix my ground, take the door apart and route the other end of the wires. I think I'll do a hillbilly rig and run the wires under the existing non-switch plate and have an externalized switch under I get Yosi's part.
Sounds like a plan. If you look at my earlier post (responding to Chozn's dilemma before he found out that it was the switch) with the pix showing where I spliced in, there is an arrow showing where I grounded mine. There is a bolt almost directly above the harness I grounded mine to, works well and I didn't have to go multimeter searching..... :rolleyes::D:lol:

Just a quick word on Yosi's shipping - once he gets the parts together, it will be on your doorstep VERY shortly thereafter. He is very efficient! :D:smile:

·
Registered
359 Posts
....switch colors...

35380-S9V-A02ZA=the grey color
35380-S9V-A02ZD= The Black Color AKA Graphite:confused: Black

...<<<$10 at the dealer....

Edit: BTW the colors vary from A to G. Greys, Black & Beige-like. I'm guessing the actual switch is the same if one wishes to customize a bit.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
35380-S9V-A02ZA=the grey color
35380-S9V-A02ZD= The Black Color AKA Graphite:confused: Black

...<<<$10 at the dealer....

Edit: BTW the colors vary from A to G. Greys, Black & Beige-like. I'm guessing the actual switch is the same if one wishes to customize a bit.
The part number I have for the switch is 35380-S9V-A02ZB=the grey color

But the way Honda does, it may well be a different number for the exact same part for a different year... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
359 Posts
...bh may be right!!! Check w/ the parts guy when you order (unless wanting a different color) to make sure...!!!

A wild card (*) search at Majestic using 35380-S9V-A02Z* yields the following:

I'm pretty sure the colors descend alphabetically so A= Fern, B= CF Grey, C=Saddle, D=Graphite Black...& so on...

Sorry to confuse things..

121 - 140 of 173 Posts