1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
599 Posts
The Passat assembly would make for a good mod but you could just as easily follow one of the other LED taillight mods on the site. I am of course partial to the one I did which is very similar to the Passat mod, but doesn't integrate the turn signal into the brake/running lamp. I like having the amber turn signal anyway.

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31563&page=3

The LED's I used are readily available and I would recommend using the same specific ones I did. Other 4" LED assembiles are not as high quality and have much less light output and narrower viewing angles. The ASL assemblies are extremely bright and well built compared to the less expensive units out there.

Of course, if you do the Passad mod, please post lots of pictures and instructions :D

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks CoffeeDragon, yours looks great. I agree, keeping the amber turn signal is the best way to go.

This is much too complicated for me to do, though. I would have to have someone do it for me!

·
Registered
599 Posts
The swap I did was pretty easy. If you have a Dremel and a hot glue gun you're all set. You just have to take your time cutting the hole, go little by little until the LED assembly fits in snugly, then smear hot glue all over it and you're done.

Don't be intimidated!!! Just jump in and do it!!!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The swap I did was pretty easy. If you have a Dremel and a hot glue gun you're all set. You just have to take your time cutting the hole, go little by little until the LED assembly fits in snugly, then smear hot glue all over it and you're done.

Don't be intimidated!!! Just jump in and do it!!!
Ha, i like your encouragement. :D I don't own a Dremel or a hot glue gun and have never done anything like this before.

Maybe I can get my Dad to help!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts