Honda Element Owners Club banner

21 - 40 of 132 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,527 Posts
I'm still needing to make the final connections on the lock/unlock wires from the drivers side. I've ran the wires to the connector but I still can't get it out. I haven't had the time to get back on it but as you can see from my posted pics, the carbon fibor kit that I cut to work with the switch on the drivers side is kicking! Its all good but but for actually working. I need to get this done and complet.

Again, any suggestions to getting this connector out, I can use to allow me more space and seeing of the wires to make the fix.
Did you buy the CF by the sheet? I bought the dash kit, but, the shifter piece is a larger circle than my shifter and it's VERY visible. Anyway, yours looks great!!

OK, back to the wiring. Here are a pic of the wire crimps that I used. The arrows should be self explanatory. The connector arrow is what I mention earlier. Once you get the whole plug off, the disconnect for the two halves is in the middle, back side from the angle of this pic (about where the blue crimp piece is). There is still little wiggle room in the wire and it was a definite PITA to get the inline crimp on each wire.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,527 Posts
Thanks A_T! I'll try that.
On THE CF, it was a kit off of Ebay. Let me know which ones you need, I'll scan them to a file and forward. Peace!
I just need the piece that covers the MT shift plate, the one I got was for an 03-05, so the radio and shiftplate pieces were all off. Can deal with the radio piece, not off enough to make it a problem, but the shift plate - NOT!! LMK if you need actual measurements..... :rolleyes::D:)

Good luck with the PDL, I know MY wife has already given me the thumbs up (does anything else matter??)!! :p:p:p:p

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
I just need the piece that covers the MT shift plate, the one I got was for an 03-05, so the radio and shiftplate pieces were all off. Can deal with the radio piece, not off enough to make it a problem, but the shift plate - NOT!! LMK if you need actual measurements..... :rolleyes:

So so you need the outer portion of the shift plate? My particular kit didn't come with a piece that encompasses the section closest to the shifter itself. Let me know and I'll get them to you.

Peace!

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
chozen - the connector shouldn't be that difficult to unhook. Just remember that the 'tab' is located in the center of the connector - in the back. It's tough to see, but it is there.

Just use a pair of needle nose pliers and grab it in the center and pull straight down. It will come right out. Granted, it's tough for us older guys to get down in there - but remember in a couple of days or so the soreness goes away. :)

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
I give the #(#*$&@( up!

OK, I got the connector off of its bracket some how (wasn't trying to do this, this time) and this didn't give me any more space to work with. Anyway, I checked my ground again and I have a good ground at the main ground point behind the sub woofer. I rechecked my switch to make sure I had a good connection there as well. It was locked into place. I came back to the connector from hell and again, I found the tab pressed it and pulled and it said "I'm not coming out so you can #($*#&@&#^@^^*)#) forget it buddy!"

I tried to remove my splicer connectors and they're locked into place and I can't get them off. I was going to attempt to cut some of the sheathing off and try to touch the wires to the perspective wires and see what happens. I just have no space to maneuver or work with down there. Then on top of it, I'm having trouble seeing the wires. I'm pretty sure I have the right wires. I see one wire that looks like it's solid white. I know in this mod it is mention to use the white wire with blue and the white wire with green however it looks the other way around to me, green wire with white and blue wire with white and I look at them so long, they start to run together.
All this said, I'm done with it. Its a same to because I'm so close.
Maybe, just maybe if I make it to Ohio which is in doubt, just maybe if I do make it, someone who's done this mod can assist me on this final snag. If not, I'll have a passenger door look that looks good and in non-operational.
I don't know why my connector is so hard to remove or separate than everyone else's.

Thanks to all again for the emails, PM's but I can't get it done.

Peace!

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
chozen -

I'll look when I get back home and let you now exactly where but the two wires continue on to the under-dash fuse/relay box. I'm thinking they entered on one of the connectors on the back of the unit - but I honestly don't remember of the top of my head.

It may be easier for you to splice in the wires there. :confused:

Remind me if I don't post the location - ok?

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
As promised, although a tad late, the wires do go straight from the connector to the Multiplex Control Unit in the Under Dash Fuse/Relay box - they are part of the "A" main harness.

They enter in the rear at connector "Y" - a 13 cavity Light Green Connector located in the back of the MCU - UDFR box. (It's the one in the center of the back - lowest 'row' from the top.)
  • White wire/green stripe - pin 10 = UNLOCK
  • White wire/blue stripe - pin 12 = LOCK

I seriously doubt that this is any easier to get to than the one above the hood-release.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Well, I figured I better update on this thread. I had sent out PM's on yesterday with the news. I got mine working and I'm loving it! The problem was I had a bad switch from Honda. They ordered me a new one, I came home yesterday and plugged it in and it's working. I've buttoned everything back up and it's all good! Golden! Funny, the Parts Manager "Bob" up at Penske said what I was doing couldn't be done without some sort of multiplex deal and when I explained how it was being done, he was floored! I truly love making my Precious a Unique vehicle. Just little things like this mod, make it go over the top. Thanks to everyone especially Bryan for putting this all together for us! Thanks to bh241 and Nismogriff for the sidebar assistance, parts and knowledge on getting this done. I'm so, so happy now! As a side note, I recommend this mod to anyone and everyone. I have neighbors and even my wife who owns a new Civic and they've all said how it sucks not to have this switch on the passenger side door. I mean if you don't have a problem with it, don't worry about it but if it's something you want or even just to have as a selling point later, I say go for it. It's a great add on!

Peace!

Attachments

·
Registered
363 Posts
What color is the switch itself? Unless I'm blind, I can't find the P/N for the black switch.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
That's the connector for the switch. It looks like he's making some. You'll still need to get the terminals though.

Personally, I would just hit a junk yard - you should be able to find it in dang near any Honda. It's used in multiple places in the Accord, Civic, and Element that I know of for certain.

290 Posts
Where are you Honda Parts Guy?

Honda Parts guy:

Are any of these our connector in question?

04321-SJA-307 CONNECTOR (5P 090M)
04321-SJA-306 CONNECTOR (5P 090F)
04321-SR3-306 CONNECTOR (5P 090 F)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Can't find the part

Hey,

I am looking for some help getting the driver side door handle made for right hand cars. Part #72125-SCV-J01ZB (Grey)

I've tried contacting www.j-garage.com but have had no luck with any response.
Does anybody know where else we can buy these?
Or
Does anybody already have one that they would be willing to part with?

Thanks

290 Posts
As promised

Here are the 04321-SR3-306 connectors, found searching 1990-1993 Civic.

I assumed that all Honda connectors were manufactured by Tyco/Amp, but these clearly say "Honda Genuine Parts, Made In Japan":confused:

I might try to modify these sockets. I really want to find the correct sockets, when I have time.

There you go boys. Now that's the OEM look!

21 - 40 of 132 Posts