Honda Element Owners Club banner

41 - 60 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
well being that the weather was warm Ramblerdan provided the place to complete this mod. It works well there are some changes on the wiring guide from 04- 05 and the harness that you have to find the wires that BH tapped into are right were he showed us all. Thanks again benny

·
Registered
54 Posts
.......anybody have a gray door handle I can buy?

I sure doubt it from these post I have read but I am getting ready to drop a dime, ok a few dimes, on getting a handle from Japan. If any one has a handle they need to get rid of please e-mail me at: [email protected]

I am headed out to the yunkjard tomorrow to get the switch, connector and a length of wire for this project. My wife didn't like the idea of the duck taped fob thingy on the passenger door. She's high maintenance like that. :rolleyes:

I have been thinking.... couldn't you just run the wires over to the driver's door switch and do the deed there? At least you wouldn't be laying upside down under the dash.

If you have a JDM door handle you don't need please e-mail me.

Thanks,
Ron

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
For anyone looking for the Molex Connectors

google search 'molex 19019-0004' should give you sources for the parts. Most likely a good bit cheaper than the OEM Harness. - Of course, the OEM harness is going to look much better.

Anyway, if anyone has any questions post them, we can help. ;-)

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
?

Has anybody tried flipping a Left side handle and installing it on the Right side? Just wondering before I pull my doors apart and start comparing handles and connections... I'm assuming some minor modifications would be required, and the lever may still be upside down. But is there anything that ELIMINATES this as an option? I'm operating "on the cheap" for a while, and this may be a good option for me...

·
Registered
54 Posts
I got my package from Yoshi san today. The "black" is a perfect match. I am going to try and do the install tomorrow or Monday. I will have a gray handle, connector and wire left over. I will build a second wiring harness and sell it with the handle as a kit for what I paid for the handle if anyone is interested.

Ron

·
Registered
35 Posts
Anyway, if anyone has any questions post them, we can help. ;-)
What are people paying for this mod? I know I could call a dealer with part numbers for pricing, but I'm just curious to see what the range is that people have paid to make the mod.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
What are people paying for this mod? I know I could call a dealer with part numbers for pricing, but I'm just curious to see what the range is that people have paid to make the mod.
with shipping think it was like 45 ish
then there is wire and connectors
50 total

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ron,
What did you pay?
Shon
I have $45.00 in it. The wire, connector & pins for the connector are included with it for that price.
I plan on trying to do the mod tomorrow but the rain is a pain so it may be Tuesday before I get the chance. After I do mine I will build up the wiring harness the same as I did mine.
The switch will run you about $10.00 from your dealer.
Ron

·
EOC Rank: Crankypants
14,898 Posts
Has anybody tried flipping a Left side handle and installing it on the Right side? ... I'm assuming some minor modifications would be required, and the lever may still be upside down.
Yes the lever will be upside-down, and I suspect the connector rod won't mate to it properly. However you might be able to transplant the OEM passengers-side handle into the driver's side assembly. I'm not aware of anyone having done this yet, so if you take it on, please document the process.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Yes the lever will be upside-down, and I suspect the connector rod won't mate to it properly. However you might be able to transplant the OEM passengers-side handle into the driver's side assembly. I'm not aware of anyone having done this yet, so if you take it on, please document the process.
I pulled them apart to look them, and the only issues I see so far are:
1)need to cut down plastic edge on backside of handle so switch can be 180'd: easy
2)handle could be flipped, but is mounted with an odd looking 'axis-rivet', that I am not familar with: needs more research.
3)plastic under handle is shaped to match handle design, so flipping it may look a tad funny under close examination, but probably won't affect function.
4)I assumed hooking a flipped handle on the rod would require minor, if any, changes, but when I put my original handle back togaether, now the door lock seems to be skewed, and the elec locks sounds a tad off, so maybe this is far more touchy than I thought...

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Ting to find an epoxy that will actually stick to the OEM plastic.
Tried Loctite 7 minute plastic epoxy and it won't adhere to the plastic door handle very well. After a week of curing I can just kind of peel it off. Even if I rough up the plastic it'll still peel off with a perfect mold of the scratches I made imprinted on the epoxy.

Any help?

·
Registered
2,664 Posts

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
If they hadn't banned NighthawkBlackPearlEX-P, I could ask him, because he did with his setup exactly what I'm trying to do. But all his pictures are down. :(

I have the hole cut in mine and have everything I need to do this, but can't find an epoxy that will actually stick to the OEM plastic.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Ting to find an epoxy that will actually stick to the OEM plastic.
Tried Loctite 7 minute plastic epoxy and it won't adhere to the plastic door handle very well. After a week of curing I can just kind of peel it off. Even if I rough up the plastic it'll still peel off with a perfect mold of the scratches I made imprinted on the epoxy.

Any help?

Grey Polyurathane Concrete Patch Caulk---

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Does it stick to plastic? Particularly the stuff the door handle frames are made from? Superglue doesn't bond well, and neither do those loctite 2 part epoxy things that come in a syringe looking thing.

41 - 60 of 132 Posts