Honda Element Owners Club banner

81 - 100 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
This can be ordered thru hondapartsnow as posted by Barneco. I received everything on his list except for the the harness.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Question to those who have done the mod. Does the passenger side door unlock with one push of the remote or does it unlock when pressing the button twice? I'm seriously planning to do the same with my passenger door locks.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Passenger Door Lock Switch - OEM Style

Passenger Door Lock Switch - OEM Style

Required parts:

1 - 72125-SCV-J01ZB JDM Door handle (this is the gray color)
1 - 35380-S9V-A02ZB Door Lock Switch (same as on the driver's door)
2 - 93500-030080H Machine Screws (any correct size screw will work)
3 - lengths of wire as needed - any color. (20 gauge is fine.)
I used white, gray, and brown because that's what I had laying around.
2 - Molex connectors or similar. (whatever Radio Shack has...)
Would these parts be available from my local Honda dealer, either in stock or by special order? I'd have to change the colour to black but the numbers should be in the same area on the parts fiche.

·
EOC Rank: Crankypants
14,898 Posts
As JourneymanAcuraMech notes in post #75, Hondapartsnow lists 72125-SCV-J01ZB (medium gray) here. They also list 72125-SCV-J01ZA (black) here. This is by far the hardest part to find for this mod, as it's intended for Japanese RHD Elements, and I'd be flabbergasted if any Honda dealer had one in stock.

Hondpartsnow also lists the switch 35380-S9V-A02ZD (black) here.

You will also need the connector 04321-SR3-306 and pigtails 04320-SP0-A00 or 04320-SP0-B00, as noted in post #72. The connectors come in a package of four, and the pigtails (whichever you choose; either will work) come in a pack of 10; I don't know whether a dealer could order just a pair of pigtails or a single switch.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Objective: Install a door lock switch on the passenger's door that will lock and unlock all doors - just like the driver's door switch.
I know I read it somewhere, but now I can't find the post in this thread that described how to hook this up so it only operates the passenger door lock. Little help?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
I know I read it somewhere, but now I can't find the post in this thread that described how to hook this up so it only operates the passenger door lock. Little help?
That's too complicated for me. I just stuck to this thread. I didn't realize this mod has NO EFFECT on the unlock functions of the remote. So I ended up with what I wanted anyway, the passenger door still unlocks with TWO remote clicks. =)

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
A Question, please.

I know I'm a couple of years late in this post, but in the event you're still active, I'm wondering if you could please describe the "sub-cover" you describe in you excellent write up. I'm planning to do this mod with your instructions, of course, but don't know where exactly to ground the switch. You mention grounding your's to the "sub-cover", but I don't know what or where that is.

If you or any other members can enlighten me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
I know I'm a couple of years late in this post, but in the event you're still active, I'm wondering if you could please describe the "sub-cover" you describe in you excellent write up. I'm planning to do this mod with your instructions, of course, but don't know where exactly to ground the switch. You mention grounding your's to the "sub-cover", but I don't know what or where that is.

If you or any other members can enlighten me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
I think he means the ground near the subwoofer cover. Not at the E at the moment, but you should be able to see it if you stick your head down there and look. There's one in both sides too.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #92 (Edited)
I'm wondering if you could please describe the "sub-cover"
you should be able to see it if you stick your head down there and look. There's one in both sides too.
Legioss is right, but honestly you can run that wire to *ANY* good ground - it doesn't have to be the connection at the sub cover. That connection was the one I used simply because it was easy to get to. I'm all for easy...

This mod has Mrs. bh241's seal of approval since day one.
'course so do I so take that into consideration...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone know where I can get the handle & lock for a 2010 EX? Maybe a salvage yard I just don't know what other Honda will match.

Thanks in advance.

·
Moderator Eh?
12,105 Posts
Just looking on where to find the tan one.... Thx... :)

That won't be easy.

The RHD versions of the E were only sold in Japan for 2003-2005. The handles only came in black or grey. If you can get your hands on a handle you will have to get it painted to match your interior.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Anyone know how to Find one

Cello,
I was thinking of doing this Mod, but I can't find the JDM power door and switch on any of the websites, so if anyone knows of any, please let us know. Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Confirmation that this will work on an 03

I read through 20 or so pages and could not find a ya or na on if this Mod will work on an 03. If so is there a different procedure or the same and if it does not work are there any other alternatives?:?

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
I read through 20 or so pages and could not find a ya or na on if this Mod will work on an 03. If so is there a different procedure or the same and if it does not work are there any other alternatives?:?
I did an '04. I dint know why '03 would be diff than mine. The hard part is finding the JDM plate. Do that first before you get too excited.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
No problem at all with the '03 model. It will work exactly as posted, I don't have the schematics for the '08 and newer models but feel pretty good that there aren't any issues there either.

Like Legioss said the biggest issue would be the jdm part. Everyone who wants this may wind up cutting out the stock unit. I know it's been done before - I don't remember exactly who it was but it turned out OK.

81 - 100 of 130 Posts