Honda Element Owners Club banner

121 - 130 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Based on my reading of this thread and those related to it, my impression is that the group buy was a frustrating task. You may be better off going at it alone. I'm also not sure about how readily available the part actually is. Yosi found me one within a couple of days but did not indicate if there was a surplus.

Good luck if you decide to move forward with it!

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
If you want one, and he can find one, buy it NOW. I've tried to order other JDM Element parts for years that are long gone. Even some US parts (color match) are no longer available. Don't wait. Don't bother with a group buy.

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Dremel tool, liquid nails, a driver's side switch and a couple of bolts get the job done. Piece of cake actually. Finding an adhesive that would work with the plastic frame was the biggest pain in the ass. Dremel out an opening for the switch, liquid nail the bolts to the back of your modified cover, allow to set, insert switch, tighten down nuts to glued in bolts, run wiring, DONE!!

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Dremel tool, liquid nails, a driver's side switch and a couple of bolts get the job done. Piece of cake actually. Finding an adhesive that would work with the plastic frame was the biggest pain in the ass. Dremel out an opening for the switch, liquid nail the bolts to the back of your modified cover, allow to set, insert switch, tighten down nuts to glued in bolts, run wiring, DONE!!
To clarify, IslandE is talking about modifying a standard US Left side lock/handle into a JDM Right side lock/handle.

Installing a JDM is just switching parts and running the wires.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is a couple years old but figured I'd add some info on locating a handle in case any new used E owners were trying this.

I found a right hand JDM handle assy, straight from Japan, through Amayama.com. Part number for my black handle was 72125-SCV-J01ZA and cost me about $57 shipped. You send a request for the part through their site, they'll email you the quote with a link for payment. Smooth and easy and others have had good luck with them for the hard to get overseas parts.

The switch and screws are same for USDM from any US Honda parts supplier here. My salvage yard 5 pin connector was $7 from Ebay and came with about 6" of wire still attached.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ok I have gathered all the parts for this mod, but iam having trouble finding pics of the pin outs for the switch. On the first page looks like it was described with a pic, but the pic is missing. From what I have gathered the middle is the ground but can't figure which is lock/unlock been searching and searching. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Ok I have gathered all the parts for this mod, but iam having trouble finding pics of the pin outs for the switch. On the first page looks like it was described with a pic, but the pic is missing. From what I have gathered the middle is the ground but can't figure which is lock/unlock been searching and searching. Thanks for any help.
It's been a while since I did this, and I don't have time to read the whole thread again, but...

Just peek at the driver side one. Or if you know which one is ground, just plug in the other two. If it works, you're good. If it works in reverse, switch the two.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for the reply! Duh am going to pull both door panels to run new speaker wire and mirror heater wires I'll just copy the driver side.

121 - 130 of 130 Posts