Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had problems with the passenger seat panel since 2007 (1st image). The clip appears to pop off (2nd image) and remains in the seat (3rd image). As a first step, how do I get the clip out of the seat base? Somewhat pinch the upper and lower ends and pull?

Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper Automotive wheel system Font

The panel.

Bumper Automotive tire Gas Office equipment Office supplies

Clip missing from panel...

Eyelash Jaw Eyewear Audio equipment Wrist

Clip stuck in seat base

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would think that you could use some pliers or tweezer to squeeze the clip to release it from the base and I would probably go to a scrap yard and get another passenger trim piece, that one looks like it is worn down and may not hold the clip very well
Thanks,
I pinched the clip with needle nose pliers but could not pull it out. Will have to contact my garage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those can be fussy to get out. Especially is you still have the seat installed in the car. I went through this when I just added my seat covers. I found it helpful to use needle nose pliers from the backside and a small screwdriver on the frontside to pry. Once you get it out, you will likely have to bend the tangs/teeth a bit to get it to stick back on the plastic tab. Stick with it. it isn't worth a trip to the mechanic.
Thanks a bunch!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts