Honda Element Owners Club banner

Passenger side Power window & Window washer motor Dead ?!?!?!?

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  bh241 
#1 ·
well..... I preperation for the incoming storm, I readied my snow shovels & snow blower, filled my gas cans, topped of the E & filled the washer bottle with fresh Peak Washer fluid...........well, today on the way to my in-laws I hit the washer switch & wipers work, no fluid........check all other electricals & the pass. side window wont work either...........

so to recap, here are the symptoms....

1. window washer motor dead
2. passenger power window dead
3. Wipers work fine front & back
4. everything else electrical works fine

checked all the fuses under the hood......all good....

checked #21 & 20 inside fuse box, both good........help!

(tomorrow at work, I'll check ALL the interior fuses)

#2 ·
Did you hear a buzzing when you pulled the wiper arm to get the fluid to mist the windshield? In extreme cold weather sometimes the fluid freezes and clogs the tubing under the hood. If you heard a buzzing but no fluid, the pump still works but the fluid is frozen.

Maybe the window regulator is broken? I highly doubt these two problems are related; it's more likely they just happened at the same time.

#3 ·
Pat

How cold is it? It would not be the first time I have seen NEW WASHER FLUID that had an Inadequacy of anti freeze in it.

Other than that, The pump may have gone. That's not all that unusual.

Dom

#7 ·
OK........my problem had 2 solutions, both sorta embarrassing....

This weekend I picked up my folks at the airport & in the calamity of helping them climb in & out of the back of the E, someone pressed the window lock button on the driver door.......I've gotta be honest here, in almost 4 years of ownership I have NEVER used that button....and shouldn't it ONLY disable the passenger door window switch, not my switch for that window? meh.

ANYWAY......with that solved, I still had no washer fluid & noise from either window washer pump, so before breaking out any tools in this arctic weather I decided to pour a bottle of isopropyl alcohol into the reservoir to see if it would thaw out the frozen fluid and in about an hour, everything was thawed out & working 100% normal again.

Yes, I felt silly, but I felt even better that it didn't require disassembly of anything.

Pat

#9 ·
LOL I just went out and tried it! My 06 Disables the drivers window also. I have never used that switch, so I didn't know.

Dom

#10 ·
That's odd my '06 only disables the passenger's window control (on both the driver's door a and the passenger's door) but the driver's window control works fine regardless of the position of the 'lock-out switch'. I thought that was how it was suppose to work? :?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.