Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

This is my first post to this forum as I just got an '08 ex this past Sunday :). Around midweek I went to roll down the passenger window and it went down as expected with no issues. One minute later, I went to roll it up and it was unresponsive. I turned off the car and back on and the passenger window could be rolled up as if nothing was wrong. I then tried to roll it back down and it was unresponsive and that is where is remains. Neither the passenger or driver side switch for the passenger window work.

Drivers side window works without issue throughout this.

I also noticed that when I try to roll the passenger window the light dims just the tiniest bit so I know something is happening. Any idea what the issue might be?

Thanks!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Pop the passenger door panel off and see if there's a loose connection at the motor or at the switch. If not, remove the connector from the motor and use a voltmeter to see if you're getting power to the motor when the switch is depressed. If there's power to the motor, then the motor's bad. If there's no power at the motor, then remove the connector from the switch and check for power there. If no power there, keep checking upstream.

I'm betting it's the motor since you said the lights dim when you press the switch. That indicates a current draw as if the motor is running. Typically it is shorted to ground internally in the motor. It could be a wire shorting to ground, but it would probably blow the fuse if it were.

As far as popping the door panel off, perform a search in the interior section for "Door Panel Removal" and it should bring something up. I remember a post, it may be a sticky, from a locksmith I think, that had really good detailed pics of how to remove it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
If you bought it from a dealer, then you probably have some sort of limited warranty. I would bring it back to the dealer because that is the sort of thing they should have noticed before they sold it to you. If you bought private party, its time to remove the door panel.
:)Good luck, and welcome to the EOC!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts